*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1596355-Meloncholy-Attraction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novel · Other · #1596355
Thanks for waiting. Please review.
Meloncholy Attraction


"Why did you do it?" A bead of sweat formed and glided down the side of my face.I have no idea who this man is but I am damn sure that he did it and now he is after my sisters and I will not let anything happen to them, they are the only family I have left. I maneuvered so I was sitting on my hands; I want answers, not to stangle him, I kept telling myself.

He was trying to get himself out of the knots I put around his wrists and feet to secure him. He was doing it it so I ouldnt' notice, but I still did. "I-someone made me do it." He was looking down toward his feet and I could tell that he was hiding something but I couldn't tell what; so I pushed harder.

"Then who made you do it?" I bit my lower lip beause I was getting so mad. I can feel the anger building up inside of me. The urge of wanting to strangle him got stronger and stronger and if he didn't give me an answer soon, there was going to be at least on casualty. I stood up with a flash, stomping my foot on the ground, "you had better tell me god damnit or you are going to regret it!" My face was close to his and I could feel his soft puffs of breath on my cheeks. I took a gander into his beautiful brown eyes that had specs of orange around the pupil. I took a step back and took in a gasp of air, running my fingers through my hair.I tilted my head up at the ceiling and let a smile slowly creep across my face. "Why don't you just tell me who told you to do the deed and we can get on our way."

"You're beautiful." He said softly, in almost a whisper, probably hoping that I wouldn't hear him.

"Excuse me?" I stared at him blankly. What to say? Nothing. I am completely awestruck at the moment. What the hell was that he just said? I asked myself over and over again but each time it made me more confused.

"You. Are. Beautiful. Hasn't anyone ever said that to you?" He bit his lip. Maybe he's really nervous?

"Quit trying to change the subject and answer the question I asked. You're wasting my time." I was getting mad when most girls would be flattered. What in the hell is wrong with me?

"No one has ever told you that before, have they? Maybe all of the guys that you have met before were just to say how beautiful you are. Let me tell you, that I had to work up the courage to tell you." He closed his eyes for a moment, taking in shallow breaths of air. He is nervous. Maybe this was why he was here in the first place. Maybe this wasn't an assassination at all. "You really are beautiful."

I blushed in embarrassment. Oh dear, oh dear. I started breathing irregularly. I backed into the wall behind me and slid down to the floor and sat.

"It's okay, really it is. It's okay to be beautiful. There's no reason to be embarrassed. By all means, don't stop being beautiful!"

"You're... You're... You're not just saying that? You promise?" I looked up to him and that's when I realized I was crying. How pathetic. I am crying because he said I was beautiful? Maybe because I like him..maybe. Maybe I like him or maybe I am just confused.

"No I am not just saying that. You really are beautiful and I wasn't sent here to assassinate you. I came here to join you. All by myself. I want to help you find to murdered your parents. Please, I can help you if you let me." He has a sincere look on his face and I can tell that he was telling the truth. He sent himself and he was trying all this time to tell me why.

I can trust him, I thought to myself. I got up off of the ground and walked over to the chair I tied him up to. I smiled to him. I untied him and offered my hand to help him out of the chair. " bet you're hungry; let's go get some food."

He nodded with a smile, "Alright, Moira, let's go eat. By the way, my name is Kiam." He lifted himself out of the chair and led me out of the abandoned building to his car."

***

"Moira! Moira! Wake up! You were dreaming!" It was sissy's voice and she was shaking me.

I my eyes opened because cold water was being spritzed in my face. "What.. What happened?" I wiped the water off of my face and sat up in bed.

"You were crying in your sleep so I came and woke you up and there is a guy here to see you." She smiled with a blush and leaned over to my ear. "He is cute." She said in a low squeal with shots of laughter.

"Oh he is, is he? What happened to guys having cooties?" I smiled, getting out of bed. I looked in the mirror; I didn't look that bad and I am to lazy to change right now.

"Oh, they still do. I won't shake his hand unless I have gloves on, that's for sure." She said confidently with a stern look.

All I can do is laugh when she says things like tha; kids say the silliest things sometimes. "I will try my hardest to remember that, sissy." I walked out the door to my room and into the living room. My eyes adjusted to the natural light and it was almost like they zoomed in on my guest.

It was him.

© Copyright 2009 RavenWood (hecaitomix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1596355-Meloncholy-Attraction