*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1596425-Kenyan-Dance-Under-The-Moon
by Megan
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #1596425
About two characters
More than the bright light of the full moon blinded her sensitive eyes this night. Through the dense trees she flew, faster, and faster. The heart-stopping pain in her chest depleting tiny bit by tiny bit with every push off from the ground. She woke the sleeping earth with each stride she took, leaving fragile gouges in her wake. 

Faster, faster, she prayed. if  I can just escape everything, it will be okay
But it would never be okay.
Because she knew that one can never escape everything. She was not even capable of escaping her own forgotten memories.

She could no longer tell the difference between the tears and the sweat, both stampeding out of every pore of her body. faster, faster.
It was all she could do. She ran until the her lungs were dry from the wind, but unable to fill. Her throat craved water like a vampire needed blood. Her head swam as the nausea set in, an iron grasp around her faltering reality.

She did not see the dip in her hand-made trail.
Lying on the ground, she rested her ear. listening.
No one was coming for her.
He was not coming for her.
He had finally given up on her.

Wretched and void of any compassionate gestures, she lay. Curled, holding only herself, shivering under the warm Moon’s wrath.
© Copyright 2009 Megan (invalid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1596425-Kenyan-Dance-Under-The-Moon