*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1597035-a-slave-of-love
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Melodrama · #1597035
a little fairy tale with slavery
  Once there lived a man. This man was married to the prettiest woman in his village. He was also the richest man, but she didn’t care about his money, she loved him. And he loved her. Then, one day, the woman was walking through the village, when she bumped into a traveling witch. The witch, furious, set the poor woman ablaze. The man, after hearing of his wife’s death, went into a depression. When he finally snapped out of this depression, he became a cold, cruel man.

  The man’s brother, wanting to bring the man out of his new personality by letting him me another woman, bought the man a slave,since no other woman wanted to be near him. the only problem, this wasn't your average slave. She took no orders and always wore a solid white mask. The man, not really caring, accepted the slave. He unmercifully tortured the slave everyday.

    One day, he got bored of the poor, mistreated slave.he call his brother rand asked if he wanted her back.the brother refused. He started plotting a cruel plan into his notebook. After he finished he went to bed, and a ever-curious slave made her way to the book opened and read, "My evil plan: 1.)Take the slave girl to cliff 2.) Order her to stay 3.) Leave her for dead 4.) She leaves after a few hours of standing"

    The slave couldn't believe two things: first was that her master was stupid enough to write it down, and second that he would go through with it. Despite her disbelief, the next day, he took her out to a cliff and said, “Till I return, I order you to stand, here,in this spot and to not move from that position at any point!”

  Five days later, he found a envelope, on which read, “Dear Master,” He figured the slave left it when they left. He opened it and read aloud,

              "Dear Master,
                      I, your wife and slave, am fully aware of your intentions of what you’re going today. I will,
                regardless of what they are, my orders. After the witch burned me, I became terrifyingly disfigured.
            I wore this mask, and became your slave, not telling for a reason. The reason for this is the love I have
                              for you. The love which would cause me to do anything to please you.

                                                                            With Undying love,
                                                                          Your wife-turned-slave "

  He stood there for a moment and let it sink in. Not even a second later, he was out his door, racing to the cliff. When he arrived, she was barely still standing there. Through a horse, scratchy voice, she said, “good…bye…my…beloved…master” She then collapsed into his arms. The man held her tight and carried her off to the village healer as fast as his legs could carry him. She was proclaimed dead. The man read her medical report, it read, “died of malnutrition, dehydration, blood loss, exhaustion and shock…Patient had severe muscle tissue damage in legs, usually caused by standing while not moving for an extended period of time…” The man, after giving his wife a proper burial, devoted his life and wealth to freeing slaves and abolishing slavery.

THE MORAL: SLAVERY & CRUELNESS IS ,WITHOUT A DOUBT, VERY WRONG!

P.S.- I know the death is impossible, but so is the fact a witch magically set the wife ablaze, this is a fiction after all
© Copyright 2009 Domanxyz92 (domanxyz92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1597035-a-slave-of-love