*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1597132-Let-me-Dream-on
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by shree
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1597132
life does not always give you what you want. Create an imaginary world and be happy!
Dreams.

They are beautiful. They take you to a place and time which does not exist. They let you imagine. They create an imaginary situation. Sometimes they seem so true, that when reality awakes you, you feel that you have just been transported from some other era. And a beautiful one at that.

Dreams do not always have to occur when you sleep. Those dreams will then be mere vague happenings that you saw when you were asleep.

What I mean by dreaming is create an imaginary world. A World of happiness. A world which you want. The one where things happen the way you want them to. A place where you don’t have to mould yourself according to the situations that life presents.  Dream of something that you have always wanted in life. Dream about getting it. Dream about the obstacles that stop you from getting it. Yes. The obstacles too. That way, you would also dream about the ways to stir clear of them. Then about that feeling when you do get it. Dream about the inexplicable feeling. Yes. Inexplicable because it has not been experienced yet. Dream about that bright day when it would all be yours. That day when you would be grateful to God that he gave you something to dream about and also the fact that he gave you the power to Dream.

I think that God made dreams because he knew that no man could be happy all throughout his life. And at those awful moments when happiness seemed miles away, he could Dream. Yes. There is no distance that dreams cannot cover. And those who claim that they are happy and need no dreams to make them happy are doing just one thing. They are running away from the reality. In other words, they are Lying.

Not one person can claim to not have been affected and wounded and hurt even once. Not that getting hurt is a bad thing. You at least have something so very precious to feel about. There is this hidden sadness in every human heart. It could just be anything. The meaning and intensity of sadness is not the same for everyone. Not getting a chocolate is sad enough for a child. A sadness over a phase of life which gave just happiness and seemed eternal and which eventually trickled down to being just another Memory. A heart mourning the loss of a loved one. Or the memory of a loved one who never could be won over. The only way to win over sadness is to dream.

Some call dreaming a stupid thing. They ask where do dreams take you? I say that they definitely take you to a much better place than you are when reality hits you hard on your face. I am not running away from reality when I dream. I certainly have to face reality because that’s where I live in. But dreams make me forget the harsh facts of life. They heal the wounds which even time won’t heal. And most importantly, I have nothing to lose. And I am not getting hurt. In my dreams I live the life which seems perfect to me in the way I want to. A life that does not happen in reality. There are no harsh realizations, restrictions, and repentances.

They say, at the end of it all, it’s Life. You have to face it. Yes. I am just saying that Dreams make life easy. They give you hope. They are the oasis in the middle of a desert. They add positivity to life. When you are down and low, it is those dreams that make you look forward to. It’s your world, it’s your imagination. No one can ignore you, and hurt you.

I’ll dream on. The power to dream is the best gift that God gave me. A power that he gave to make up for all the others that he didn’t give me. I’ll dream when I feel low, hoping for brighter times to come. And even when life seems good, I’ll dream to make it the best.

And you know what, Dreams do get fulfilled. Yes they do. I may have nothing with me today. But I have my dreams to fall back on. They make me happy. They tell me that brighter times are on the way. How will I rejoice good times if I have not yearned for them to come? And how do I yearn for them if I do not dream about them?

Let me dream on!

© Copyright 2009 shree (creativeshree at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1597132-Let-me-Dream-on