*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1598175-Insert-Title-here-Chapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1598175
Chapter two of Ritsuka and Makoto's saga. Please review!
“Hurry up Makoto!” Ritsuka yelled excitedly. He turned, looking back at his friend, who was dragging behind.

“Calm down Ritsuka. We’ll get there when we get there.” Makoto sighed, “The city isn’t going anywhere.”

Ritsuka ran back to his side and pulled on his sleeve, “I know! But I really want to see Emika!” He whined, “So hurry up!”

Makoto shook his head then leaned down. He looked Ritsuka in the eye, then smirked, “Ready… Set… Go!” He ran full speed towards the city, leaving a long trail of dust.

Ritsuka blinked, and then realized what had happened, “Hey! No fair Makoto!” He jumped into a nearby tree and hopped quickly from branch to branch, “Its not fair Makoto! You got a head start!” Ritsuka reached the city and landed next to Makoto, who had already arrived. Makoto was staring towards the city with a horrified expression on his face. Ritsuka was still complaining, “Makoto! You know if it was a fair race I would’ve won easily! It’s not fair that you-“ Makoto held up his hand, stopping Ritsuka, and then pointed towards the city silently. Ritsuka turned his head, “What…” He stared in disbelief, “What happened? Makoto! What happened?” The city was in ruins. Buildings were destroyed. Fires had broken out all over. The two walked slowly into the city glancing around nervously. Ritsuka held back tears, “Makoto… How?”

Makoto shook his head, “I don’t know Ritsuka…” Ritsuka suddenly began laughing uncontrollably. Makoto glared at him, “What are you laughing about?!”

Ritsuka caught his breath, “This is all a dream. I’m asleep right now in my bed. I’m just having a terrible nightmare. Any minute now, I’ll wake up and we’ll go to the city like we planned.”

Makoto looked at him, “Stop lying to yourself. You know this is real.” He sighed, “I just hope Emika made it out okay.”

Ritsuka looked down, “I hope you’re right…” He ran a few paces ahead, then turned and waved to Makoto, “We have to look for her!” He pointed in the direction he was running, and then pointed in another direction, “I’ll go this way. You go that way.” Makoto nodded then ran off in the direction he was told. He looked around, calling Emika’s name.

He kept running, seeing nothing but flaming buildings and debris. “Whatever hit this town must’ve been extremely powerful”, he thought, “It could’ve been a tornado, or a hurricane. Or maybe-“ His thought trailed off as he heard a sound.

*BANG* He stopped and pulled out his sword, “Who’s there?!” He scanned the area, tightening his grip on his blade, “Come out! I know you’re there. Stop hiding.” He heard a noise from behind him and turned around swinging his sword in front of him. He struck air. A dog stood in front of him, shivering and whimpering. Makoto stared at it, then laughed at himself for being afraid. Suddenly the dog opened its mouth, letting out a bone-chilling howl. Makoto dropped his sword and covered his ears, “Shut up you stupid dog!” The dog stopped howling, and then ran off, disappearing from view. Makoto smiled, “Heh. I guess I scared it off.” He reached down to pick up his sword. He felt a poke on his shoulder, “Huh?” He looked to see what it was, “No… Not you… No!”

© Copyright 2009 Ritsu-chan (masaki342 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1598175-Insert-Title-here-Chapter-2