*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1598313-Who-Am-I
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1598313
Introduction to a character named Ailuj Faun. This is my first story I've ever written
The lights shone brightly as if I were trying to look into the sun. My skin felt numb and cold and the warmth from the lights brought but little comfort to me. The muscles in my body didn't want to move. I could hear voices around me but couldn't make out anything anybody was saying. Everything sounded muffled as if I were submersed in water. I fought the pain of opening my eyes and eventually got my hand up to block the light. This eased the pain a little but still felt as if someone were shining a flashlight into my eyes.
Once I got the strength to move I sat up and looked around. The people who were once in the room were now gone. I got out of what looked like a metal capsule that had several thick tubes and wires coming out from the bottom.
Just a moment later the door opened. I turned around quickly and jumped back. A man in a white coat walked in and said "good morning." "Who are you? Where am I?" I asked with a not so kindly tone. He told me to relax and that I had just been woken up from a cryostasis sleep. The confused look on my face was more then obvious. He tossed me some clothes and said "get dressed and follow me." Not knowing what else to do I followed the man's instructions and followed him out of the room.
I had some questions that needed to be answered. The only thing I could remember was my name but beyond that I'm not really sure about anything.
The man in the white coat lead me to a place that looked like an interrogation room. It was a big room with white walls and a white table in the middle. On one side were four military personnel and on the other side was one chair that was meant for me. Thinking to myself that maybe now I can get some answers I sat myself down. I sat upright in my chair, feet flat on the floor not budging and not looking away from the four men in front of me. One of them asked me "What is your name". "Ailuj Faun" I replied. Another asked me three questions not allowing me to answer any of them "How old are you? What is your occupation? Where are you from?" I sat there silent not knowing what to say. Those questions alone told them all that they needed to know for the time being.
One of them got up and told me to follow him. After a walk that seemed like it lasted an hour he opened a door to a room that was pitch black. Holding the door with one hand he gestured with the other telling me "after you". As soon as I stepped through the door he slammed the door shut and locked it behind me. Not a moment later I felt the floor start to move. For some reason I was calm and not even nervous. The only thing I was feeling at this time was annoyance for unexplained questions.
Soon I could see a long skinny portion of light that looked as if it were coming from underneath a door. Come to find out I was right. The light grew bigger and bigger until the door was all the way opened and I was into another room.
This room was huge and unlike any of the others I had been to that day. The ceiling alone was fifty feet high and the length and width were the size of a football field. Near the top of this huge arena were windows. My guess was they were meant for spectators. The place was filled with obstacles. Several platforms ranging from five to twenty feet high. From what I could see there were also ditches. I had no idea the depths of them because I hadn't moved.
"Welcome" a voice came from high above on some speakers. I stood there silently with my hands clenched into fists. A few moments later the voice came again and this time he said "Good luck". All of a sudden a couple portions of the wall behind me opened up into a couple small rooms filled with weapons of all kinds. Anything from a small knife to a rocket launcher was in there. I could only guess what was about to happen so I rushed in and grabbed two .50 caliber pistols and a gun that would switch from an assault rifle to a sniper rifle. I holstered the pistols and strapped the other gun on my back.
The second I stepped out of the room a shot was fired. I dove into a side role, rolling behind a pillar and took the rifle from off my back. Again a shot fired, but this time I heard where it came from. I turned around the pillar with my gun up aiming to fire. As I brought the gun around I saw the thing that had shot at me threw the scope and fired hitting it right between the eyes. Nothing above the shoulders was left. Just a twitching body on top of one of the platforms. Thinking it was all to easy, four more came out and started to attack. A break in the firing came and I took off in a forward roll and sprinted toward the attackers. I got underneath one of them, between two of the platforms. I jumped against one and pushed off over the the top of the one where the thing was standing. Never touching the ground, I went right over taking the ugly creature with me down towards the ground. As we were falling I pulled out one of my guns, stuck it to his head, pulled the trigger then used his body as a base to jump off of onto another ledge in the shadows. Bringing my sniper back out I was able to see the right leg of another one. I pulled the trigger and blew it off. Now with the shrieking cries from the pain I could move without worrying about being heard. I jumped on top of one of the platforms and stated jumping from one to another. I came up quickly behind another enemy and jump over him with both my pistols out unleashing a deadly spray of bullets into his entire body. It dropped where it stood. There was only one left that I had to worry about. Silence filled the arena. The only sound I could hear was my breath. I ran to one of the dead creatures, took his sword and strapped it on my back under my rifle. The last one was on the ground, but I wanted to be over quickly. I stood tall on the center platform calling for the last one to come out. It soon appeared on top of the platform with me. He slowly pulled his sword out as I pulled out mine. He came in hard with a downward thrust. I parried the blow to the side and came back quick with and side swing severing his head from his shoulders. The creature that I shot the leg of off was still alive and moaning. I walked up to it, pulled out my gun and shot him in the face.

"Well done Ailuj...your training is complete"


© Copyright 2009 Faraday (devonfaraday at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1598313-Who-Am-I