*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1599809-Yuki-Reborn-Chapter-One-The-End
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1599809
A story about a boy of 16 who in despair but is reborn after meeting a young girl.
Yuki Reborn: Chapter One, The End


I hear the screams of pain emanating from the room which contained my mother and younger sister. I could do nothing to help them. I was barely staying conscious from the poisonous fumes of the fire that were filling my lungs. “Why is this happening,” I thought to myself. “No, that's not right.” “I know why this is happening.”

(Earlier that night) My name is Hajime Sakamoto. I live in Tokyo, Japan and I am 16 years old. I heard the front door of my house creak open and moments later close shut just as gently as it was opened. The alarm clock next to my bed which i set 30 minutes fast to get up in time for school showed that it was two in the morning. My curiosity seemed to have gotten the best of me. After slipping my skinny jeans, a t-shirt and, black Converse shoes on I crept out the front door careful not to alarm the person who had just been through and saw my father turning on to the constantly vacant side road that contained only one house besides ours. Maintaining a safe distance that left me unnoticeable, I followed him eventually reaching the main streets of Tokyo which still had a relatively large number of people due to the exotic nightlife. After many twists and turns we began passing through a red-light district. Fifteen more minutes of walking had passed when my father had abruptly stopped. After checking his surroundings a few times he cautiously walked into a small alley.

I slipped down the dark alleyway to reveal a old rusted door at the end. I slowly inched closer to the door becoming weary of the increasingly heavy air that made me want to choke. As I neared the door I could hear a few of the voices from inside. “Times up!” One man shouted in a very frustrated tone of voice. I could hear muffled cries from what seemed to be my father. I moved in even closer practically putting my ear directly to the door to hear them clearer. “You don't have my money and as far as I am concerned that's stealing from me; and now I am going to take something that's important to you.” “I'll get your money I swear,” my father cried. “It's a little too late for that; check his house his family will be there,” the first man commanded with a tone of distinct authority. “Yes sir!” Two other men had attentively replied. Hearing the footsteps closing in on the door I jolted out of the alleyway.

I had to find the police; anyone who would help me. Running down the street, faster than I ever knew I could, I approached a nearby police station shortly after exiting the red-light district the way I came. It was empty. “How could there be no one there,” I thought to myself in fear and frustration. I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. “what is this feeling?” Fearing the worst I began to run back to my house. I was still at least two blocks away when I could see the reddish-orange light and black smoke that was illuminating the dark night sky. Without a second thought I ran through the front gate and into the burning house and began to search.

I could hear the screams of pain emanating from the room which had appeared to contain my mother and younger sister. Fire was burning all around me leaving no exit for escape. I could do nothing to help them. I was barely staying conscious from the poisonous fumes of the fire that were filling my lungs as I gasped for air. You could hear the creaking and whining of the support beams flexing under the severe heat. With all of these noises around me I had failed to realize that the screams had simply faded away. With the thought of this and the gases clouding my mind I dropped to my knees. Everything started to just fade away. The sound of pieces of the ceiling hitting the floor, the screeching of the beams that had been supporting the house. My vision had begun to become clouded. Losing all of my strength I hit the floor. My sight continued to fade with the building itself falling down around me, and then everything was gone.
© Copyright 2009 irawrhard (irawrhard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1599809-Yuki-Reborn-Chapter-One-The-End