*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1600287-Bio
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #1600287
My orientation assignment for the Sunrise Class.
My name is Cassie and I currently reside in Valley Stream, NY. I signed up for the Sunrise class to learn the true fundamentals; I already consider myself a decent writer, but I am far from where I’d like to be. I find my main weaknesses to be plot development and getting started (two big ones!). Once I have a good idea, I hit the ground running, but more often than I’d like I have trouble getting the ball rolling. After re-reading that last sentence, I remembered another weakness of mine: my tenancy to overuse cliches. My short term goals are to enter (and win) a variety of contests and, much further down the road, I would like to write a novel, but I feel I first need to strengthen and polish my short story skills. I have been published only once, in Chicken Soup for the Soul: College Campus Chronicles.

I enjoy reading even more than writing; currently, my favorite author is Wally Lamb, but my interests run the gamut when it comes to genre. I do tend to avoid historical fiction, however; something about it turns me off. I am excited to participate in this class and will really try to make the most of it and learn as much as I can in the weeks to come.
© Copyright 2009 Cassie Lynne (clynnewriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1600287-Bio