*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1600734-StarVoyage-in-progress
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1600734
My book! I am only 13, please review!!!
Star Voyage
By Ryan Kearns
Chapter 1: Acing space
.
.
It was a beautiful day in Aquaten. Palm Trees were dancing softly to the beat of the wind over the sea’s gentle reach. But today was no ordinary day, especially for a young squidfolk named Ace. You see, Ace was the youngest squid folk in history (only 13 Aquaten Years) to ever go on a lifetime voyage into space… or so he would be as soon as the countdown ended.

Aqauten is a planet made of islands about 60 miles wide and 70 miles long. The planet is about 3 times bigger than our own. It is made up with a varerity of creatures
“5… 4… 3… 2…” said a robot. “Okay I can’t take it anymore! Give me a moment, please!” Ace said, too anxious to continue the countdown.
“You will have to finish it sooner or later” said his Manager Robot, X23. Ace took a deep inhale. “Ok… I’m ready!” sighed Ace. “Yeah sure…” remarked X23 sarcastically. “This time I really mean it” replied Ace, his tentacle like thumb pointed up.
“Whatever…”. And so the countdown started up again. “5… 4… 3… 2… 1… blast off!!!!!!!!”. While the engine blasted off with full power, sparks and flames shot out like skydivers and did their dance of supremacy in the cold air.
“Finally!” said X23 with a sense of satisfaction. “Maybe we should go back!” Ace joked. The petite robot jerked its head. “I really don’t understand the livings need for humor.” He said as they blasted through the cosmos. Ace looked out the window to a beautiful sight. The stars stretched on forever. For the first time in his life, Ace felt how small he and his planet really were compared to the great strech of the Galaxy. “Ace snap out of it” said X23 five minutes later. “Whoa-what!” snapped Ace in confusion. “I have found a planet in range”.




Chapter 2: The Allie
“X23 set our sights on this new planet!” Ace commanded. X23 turned a knob on the rear end of the space ship and they blasted through the heavens and stopped when they were in the planets orbit.

An Alien ship came to greet them. Their laungauge was autamaticly translated by the ship wirelessly. “Greetings fellow Alien. Please Identify your self!”. Ace wasn’t sure if they were enemies or allies so he nervously said “I am Ace from Aquaten!”. He had to say it in his head a couple of times before it came out loud. “Ah, greetings squid folk we welcome you with open arms!”.

A tv suddenly appeared out of an compartment of the ships roof and on the screen was the peculiar alien. It was a spiny shape, with plasma flowing down its small scaly, yellow back. Its innocent eyes and warm smile told Ace that this was not a hostile race.

“Well I gotta go to explore some more of space! I,ll see you later!”. But strangley, when Ace left the planets orbet, the yellow ship started to follow him. “Wh-why is he following me!? Is he going to attack me!?” Ace asked X23 worying that he had been decived.

“Don’t worry!” replied X23. “They are one of the most peaceful races in the known universe! If they are following you it’s because they know your new to space!”. “And?” Ace unconsciously interrupted.
“:I don’t know the rest”. Ace sighed. He knew he shouldn’t of bought a half developed robot.

After a moment of debating, Ace decided to ask the alien why it was following him. “Umm excuse me…” said Ace pulling up the screen, “But I was wondering why you are following me?”.

“Ah I see you have never heared the galactic code” said the alien one of his three eyes looking at Ace “You see, an allie is supposed to follow its friend especially if there new to the galaxy. So I am following you for several reasons.”. “Like what?” replied Ace. “Well one of them is to help protect you from hostile races. Another is to show you around the galaxy and beyond”. Ace smiled. This was going to be more fun than a barrel of monkois (An species similar to fish that lives on Aqauten)!

© Copyright 2009 RyanKoopa (ryankoopa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1600734-StarVoyage-in-progress