*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1601434-Max--Neuman
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1601434
dog friends
Max is a black lab with graying hair on his head and wiskers. He loves to chase squirells up the trees and bees in the flowers. He is gentle loyal and a best friend. He guards the family and his buddy Neuman, Neuman is a gordon setter that is considered one of the prettiest dogs in the city. He is smart, mischievous, playful, and Max's best friend. Neuman gets the dogs in trouble and Max gets them out of it. Max knows he is a dog but Neuman thinks he is a person. Neuman wants to eat at the table with the family and Max waits patiently on his rug for special treats that his opwners will give him.
Niether dog liked other dogs or animals in their yard or even on their street. They bark, growl, snort and pace whenever a strange animal dares enter their territory.
One of their greatest joys is playying ball in the yard. They will chase the ball if day if their owners would throw it that long. However one thing they didn't like was when Timmy, the boy living next door, would tkae the ball from them and tease the dogs. Timmy would hold the ball over the dogs head and just outside of their reach. Timmy especially liked to tease Max. No one knew why but it seemed making Max sad was fun for Timmy. Neuman didn't like tghe way he acted toward Max but he didn't know what to do.
One day the dogs were playing in the yard and they heard Timmy's father loudly yelling at him. Unfortunately this happened often and even though Timmy could mistreat the dogs Neuman and Max felt sorry for Timmy.
Next the guys saw Timmy's leaving without him. It was getting dark out and the dogs were conerned for Timmy, they knew must lonely and maqybe even scared. To make matters worse Max overheard Timmy's dad tell him they would be gone over night and they were excited about getting away so Timmy shouldn't call unless it was an EMERGENCY.
As night fell the animals (foxes, coyote and badgers) started to appear. The badger and racoons were scary becasuse they eyes would light up to help them walk in the dark. Sometimes they resembled monsters or aliens.
Very late that night the guys heard someone crying outside. In fact it sounded like the person crying was next door but only Timmy was home and he was too mean to cry. But sure enough it was Timmy. He had gone outside to empty the garbage as one of his chores and the door closed behind locking him out. To make matters worse it was getting cold out and starting to snow. Normally the dogs would like the fresh snow is pretty that enticed them to play in the yard but not late at night. The animals now started holling and yepling like they were Indians attacking in the old west. This certainly would make Timmy very uncomfortable. Even though Timmy made fun of them the dogs knew what it was like to be alone, cold and friegthened. They decided to visit Timmy and make him feel better so they jump the fence and landed in Timmy's back yard. Just then 2 coyotes appeared and seemed very interested in Tim.
The dogs sprung into action. Max went to sit by Timmy and Neuman started barking and moving closer to the c0yotes. Both coyotes didn't seem to be paying much attention to Neuman's rants. What could one dog do and from the years living in the woods behind the neighborhood they knew Neuman probably rather play than fight. Max sensed the danger that Neuman might be in and took action. He leeped off the porch and join Neuman in a standoff with the wild animals. With Max now engaged in the confrontation standing next to Neuman the coyotes decided to move on and look for dinner in other neighbors garbage.
Timmy could believe his eyes the dogs from next door not only vcame to visit but they rescued him from possible danger.
Timmy sat crying and petting both dogs for his mean behavior to them. Max moved close to him on the steps again and gave him a big lick leaving Timmy with a wet but happy face. Neuman saundered over and lay at the bottom of the steps always watchful for any intruders.
It was now starting to get quite late and starting to rain. Timmy was shivering because he was soaked to the bone, tired and wet. Without saying anything to each other Max moved closer and Timmy's left side and Meuman occupied the right sheltering Timmy from the elements and keeping him warm.
Back at the dogs home it was time to close up for bed and the lady the dogs owner, although they thought more of her as their mother, realized the dogs weren't inside.While checking everyhing for security 1 more time before bed the she noticed the back door ajar and after a quick search of the house was sure they were outside. But why it was cold and raining and both dogs, Neuman particularly, hated getting wet.
© Copyright 2009 myfirsttime (jeffshoe54 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1601434-Max--Neuman