*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1601435-The-Last-Sunset-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1601435
Celestine and Jackson are demon hunters in the 21st century.
THE LAST SUNSET
PROLOGUE
         As he wrapped his strong, battle scarred arms around me, he began to cry. Tears of a sorrow so deep, I could only pull him closer to me as we stood in the cold, barren wasteland. The snow was blowing all around us in a blind fury as we stood, holding each other. My female instincts took over as I watched the man I loved fall to pieces in my arms, once again a child looking for comfort. We stood like this for a long time, two lovers, nay, two human beings in the midst of a terrible tragedy. After sometime, he pulled himself together enough to speak.
         “Why did things have to be this way? Why?” he sobbed, looking back towards the bloody masses in the snow. I looked at the inert bodies of our comrades and then to his tear stained face. His normally electric blue eyes that were so full of life were now a misty gray that reflected his sadness.
          “Because, it’s the way the world works,” I paused, stroking his face. “We all die at some point, some, before their time, but I’m positive that they’re with God and his angels now, and I know they wouldn’t want to see us-you- so upset.” I said trying to comfort him. He looked down at me and smiled weakly through his tears.
         “Your right, but it doesn’t take the hurt away.” His eyes only confirmed his words.
         “I know, but let’s be strong and finish their fight. Come on let’s go. Samuel is waiting.” I whispered before I reached up and kissed his sorrow-ridden face.
© Copyright 2009 Celine Sebastiani (junglecat26 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1601435-The-Last-Sunset-Prologue