*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1601619-MIRRORS
Rated: · Thesis · Dark · #1601619
People are mirrors. Their words will reflect your image - the one that THEY see.
At the end of the day, it's always the same.

You know, sometimes we'd like to think that we are perfect- that we understand ourselves perfectly, and that we are well educated, perfect human beings. Little do we focus on the obvious: we are IMPERFECT, which is what makes us perfect.

I always thought that I was far ahead of everybody, in the sense that I understood things better. I wasn't over-confident.. never acted like a know-it-all. I needed to be heard.. i needed to be taken for who i really am. But it gets hard to do that when you're a 'quiet, sweet girl'. But inside, i KNEW i was perfect. Though I was always eminently modest about it, i knew deep down that I had it all. Most of my friends and family members knew about it, but the others who didn't, well that hurt me. I NEEDED for them to understand me, and to judge me... because I thought, that maybe if they saw the real me, I might finally get a glimpse of the real me through them.

But situations will not wait. Misunderstandings and misconceptions will get in the way, and people are going to think differently of you. But you know what? From what I've realised.. people are mirrors. Each is different. From each's point of view, you'll conceive a different perception about yourself. It'll make you go crazy, believe me. It's always better to know who you are, and find that out YOURSELF. Because people will lie.. people will be confused.. they won't care. Because they don;t know you like you do.

So forget the mirrors... forget the modesty. BE YOURSELF. It'll do wonders. I wouldn't know, but I'd like to think that I'm getting there. :)
© Copyright 2009 Lonely girl (maajay93 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1601619-MIRRORS