*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1603035-Cat-Butt
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1603035
A playful book about one family's morning commute.
Chicken Butt
By: Thomas Cannon

1. Picture of all animals in the story

2. Dedication page: “To my late father, for being old-school enough to raise me right while being cool enough to let me find my own light.”

3. Title page

4 and 5. “Time to wake up, honey. It's time to go to school. Be sure to brush your teeth, take your vitamin and get dressed, please.”
“Mom, I don't want to go to school. It's too early.”
Illustrations: Mother wakes up little girl, who sleepily rubs her eyes. Cammy grumpily meanders towards the bathroom.

6. “I brushed my teeth, mom.”
Illustration: Cammy brushes her teeth.

7. “I ate my vitamin, mom.”
Illustration: Cammy takes her vitamin.

8. “And my shoes are on my feet.”
Illustration: Cammy puts on her shoes in the living room, with mom's help. Dad sips his coffee.

9. “Here's your breakfast, Cammy.”
“Thanks, mom. I like cereal. But I still don't want to go to school today!”
Illustration: Mom gives Cammy her bag of cereal and milk in sippy cup as the trio leaves the house.

10 and 11. (Front yard) “Can you pick me up, dad?”
“Sure, honey. Hop on!”
Illustrations: The grass is wet. Cammy doesn't like to walk in wet grass and is visibly perturbed. Dad marches towards the car with Cammy on his shoulders.

12. (Car) “There, you're all safe now. Are you ready for school, now?”
“I guess. We're going to paint today.”
“That sounds like fun, Cammy.”
Illustration: Dad puts Cammy in her car seat.

13. “Look at me, mom and dad!”
“That's not safe, Cammy. You know that the seat belt has to go across your chest, silly butt.”
Illustration: Cammy is being silly. She puts her diagonal seat strap across her forehead.

14. “Dad! I'm not a silly butt. I'm just Cammy! You.... you are a cat butt, dad!”
Illustration: As the car leaves the driveway, Cammy laughs as she imagines her dad scratching on the sofa with a cat butt.

15. “Ha ha ha!”
Illustration: All three laugh. Through the windows the mountains of the Shenandoah Valley are visible.

16. “Oh yeah? Well you have poodle hair!”
Illustration: Cammy laughs as she imagines herself standing proudly in front of the mirror with poofy poodle hair.

17. “No, dad! I do not have poodle hair! You've got...penguin wings!”
Illustration: Cammy laughs as she imagines her dad flapping around with penguin wings.

18. “Cammy, surely you must know that I am do not have penguin wings. However, I've got a hot tip that you, young lady, have a snake tongue!”
Illustration: Cammy laughs as she imagines herself underneath the merry-go-round at the park with a slithering snake tongue.

19. “No, dad!” I do not have a snake tongue! But you have a...cow face!”
Illustration: Cammy laughs as she imagines her dad in a field, munching on grass with a cow face.

20 and 21. “Now just wait one minute, Cammy.” (Says mom.) I happen to know for a fact that your father does not have a cow face. He has a rhinoceros horn!”
Illustrations: Mom playfully chimes in. Cammy laughs and imagines her dad watching the big game on TV with a big, cumbersome rhinoceros horn.

22. “Oh, two-against-one, is it? Well, I have always thought that your mother has big old rat teeth!”
“No I don't!”
Illustration: Cammy laughs as she imagines her mom munching on cheese with her big rat teeth.

23. “Mom and dad, you have...elephant ears!”
Illustration: Cammy laughs as she imagines both parents at the circus, on little balls with elephant ears.

24. “Now, now, Cammy. I can't believe you would say that we have elephant ears! We're not even afraid of mice! However, that doesn't change the fact that you have T-Rex arms!”
Illustration: Cammy laughs as she imagines herself snarling with short little T-Rex arms.

25. “No, dad! I don't have T-Rex arms! You have...fish lips!”
Illustration: Cammy laughs as she imagines her dad swimming around with full fish lips.

26. “I can't believe the lies you tell! I don't have fish lips! But I know what you have. You have spider legs!”
Illustration: Cammy laughs as she imagines herself climbing the side of the house with eight hairy spider legs.

27. “No, dad! I don't have spider legs! You have a...kangaroo pouch!”
Illustration: Cammy laughs as she imagines her dad jumping on the bed with a kangaroo pouch.

28. “We'll just have to agree to disagree, Cammy. We're here at your school, you little giraffe neck!”
Illustration: Cammy laughs as her long giraffe neck hangs out of the car window.

29. Come on, silly girl. It's time to go to school.”
Illustration: Mom unhooks Cammy's seat belt.

30. Illustration: The trio walk into Cammy's preschool.

31. “See you later, snail shell.”
“Bye bye, tiger paws.”
Illustration: Cammy waves goodbye with her snail shell. Mom and dad wave goodbye with their big tiger paws.

32. Information Page
© Copyright 2009 Thomas Cannon (tcannon50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1603035-Cat-Butt