*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1603609-a-halloween-story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1603609
When jacobs parents leave him with his babysitter strange things start to happen...
Jacob looked up into the eyes of the new babysitter. she was strange. jacob, being only 9 years old could see that. her eyes had a sort of coldness. so icy it vibrated out of her. He said good night and went up to bed. he was in for a tough night. luckily he had his mothers poodle toto to lie under the bed and lick his fingers whenever he felt afraid.

It started around midnight. Drip, Drip, Drip... jacob tried to get to sleep but the noise was to disturbing. he put his hand down the side of the bed and sure enough toto licked it reassuringly. he decided to go and check the tap in the kitchen. Drip,Drip,Drip... the babysitter wasn't in the living room. She had probably gone to bed, he thought to himself.
He checked the kitchen tap.it was perfectly still. he got back into bed . the noise continued.Drip, Drip, Drip...his hand slipped down to the side of the bed. again toto reassured him he decided to check the hallway bathroom. again he found a still tap. the noise continued.Drip, Drip, Drip... as he passed his parents bedroom on the way back to bed the noise grew louder and more persistent.Drip, Drip, Drip...he opened their bathroom door and stepped in,Drip,Drip, Drip... he pulled aside the shower curtain. Drip,Drip, Drip... there was toto, his neck slit, hanging of the side of the bath. blood was dripping out of him. Drip, Drip,Drip... Jacob turned around. someone had written on the mirror: IF THE DOG'S DEAD, THEN WHOS UNDER THE BED?!
© Copyright 2009 mandasi (chibuku at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1603609-a-halloween-story