*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1603860-I-Am-Afraid-Of-Fear
Rated: E · Short Story · Entertainment · #1603860
A short story with a curious suspense and a message for life.
I AM AFRAID OF FEAR


On a restful sunday evening, I ventured to give my hands a bit of discomfort to write a small passage. I confined myself to its shortness for I did not want the busy readers to get distracted from their work.

When I was busy in writing, suddenly, almost audible, but not intentionally made sound neared my converged mind. I ignored it for the first time, so did I, the second time. I wanted to do the same thing every time the sound came, but I believed in the existence of supernatural things.

The sound was like someone doing some work stealthily in a vacant neighbour room. I was in a dilemma whether to walk to the room and sense the ghastly material inside, but my shivering body and confused mind had cought me in a horrible stagnancy. I was acting as I was a brave person but beneath the curtain there was the real fear.

I had no other option than to straighten up my bent knees and I decided so.The increasing sound was intensifying in my mind the terrifying feelings. Somehow I managed to opt for the fearful decision.

I started marching towards the haunted room. The scene was similar to a warrior venturing for a war of a lifetime.I was with a stick, a shoe to throw, and FEAR. I forwarded my first step towards the room.

I went near the room and stood in front as if I was asking permission to get in. The only thing I wanted was to escape but my controlled hand raised and the door opened.

The darkness in front aroused in the daylight as I closed my eyes, and the sound continued. I slowly opened my eyes as a baby opens its eyes to watch the world for the first time.

I found myself shameful and felt harassed because the prediction alone was horrible. The thing I was afraid of was a sweet little cat playing joyfully with things.

Under the illusion of false fear, I lost my neat, composed, and restful sunday evening which was never to comeback.
© Copyright 2009 Imran khan (emraan777 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1603860-I-Am-Afraid-Of-Fear