*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1604296-Moonlit-Chapters-6-7
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1604296
Moonlit Chapters 6-7
Moonlit-chapter6
He grabbed her shoulder as he wrapped the gauze around her back. She grabbed her shirt and threw it back on. She placed her arms around her neck and hugged him. He smiled and placed his hand on her head. "Well, night's approaching; you should go back home and rest now," he told her. "Why can't I sleep here," she asked. "Because you have a father and he worries for you," he said. "It's okay, I'll just tell him that I'm staying over at a friend's house, he wont say anything," she said as she walked out the door. He took in a deep breath and exhales as he laid himself on the couch. "Jarome, Mark…eve, three people dead in just one day; Mictecacihuatl, you certainly are busy lately. He closed his eyes and laid his head back on the couch. He turned his head and saw her leaning against the door gasping out of breath. She placed her hands onto her stomach and slowly come down on her knees. "Lupita, que tienes," he yelled out rushing towards her. "Oh my god, I feel sick," she murmured as she curled up lying on the floor. The winds shifted position and flew up from the sound and through the open door. He saw her standing behind her, as his eyes fell wide open, he gasped. Her face bearing the typical worn frown that she always displayed. She slowly extended her left arm holding out a small stone bowl as she said, "I've lost two of my sacred children now, you're all that's left of them…do not lose your," she said with a straight face. "What do you need me to do," he asked as he gently grabbed the bowl and softly kissed her fingers. "Eve….has poisoned her; have her drink of that vessel and it will keep her well away from the hands of you know which goddess." "What, she poisoned her? Why would she do that to her? She had no reason to," he yelled bewildered. She lifted her finger quickly silencing Arthur's outburst. "I am not here to discuss those reasons; just know that everything that occurs in life has its purpose." "I understand," he said as he lowered his head, noticing Lupita sweating and shivering on the floor. "She told me she has no recollection whatsoever of what happened to her," he said with a puzzled expression. "Oh….she did much more then just poison her; her seal has been undone and as a result, the origin of it is lost within its hidden cause," she said looking down on Lupita. "What? You're saying that the channels have been opened," he yelled out anxiously. "Yes," she faintly said turning outside. "Tomorrow proceed onto the next; she holds the key now alone." She disappeared into the pitch darkness as she walked out the door.
He placed his hand behind her head and lifted it up, as he opened her mouth and poured the liquid into her mouth. She coughed out loud as the water dripped down her throat. "Lupita, drink up; you need to drink so that you can better."
She awoke and found herself lying on a large bed. Arthur walked into the room with a bowl of stacked corn tortillas in his hand. He handed it to her saying, "Eat up, we're going onto our next séance today." "Wow, already so soon," she said surprised. "Yup, and it's going to be Huitzilopochtli," he said pulling out a large long chest from beneath the bed. He opened it up, unveiling a various sorts of crudely made weapons. "You must select one for your journey to meet him; pick whichever you feel is most proper for you." Her eyes scanned the intents of the box. "Atlatl," he said lifting a throwing spear. "Tlahuitolli and mitl," he said lifting a bow and arrow. "Tematlatl," he said pulling out a stone sling. "Macuahuitl," he said pulling out a stick with sharp obsidian blades embedded on its sides. "That is an Aztec sword," he said with a big grin. "Tepoztopolli," he said pulling out a long wooden lance bearing an arrow carved tip with obsidian blades deeply set in grooves carved into the head. "That is always my weapon of choice," he said laughing. "Quauhololli," he said pulling out a wooden club with a wooden sphere at the end of it. "Huitzauhqui," he said pulling out another wooden club with inlaid obsidian blades. "Go ahead and pick one." She quickly bent over and picked up the bow and arrow, without thought. "Very well then," he said rubbing his hands together.
They stood upon the séance grounds as Arthur planted various sticks bearing paper flags into the soil. She held the bow in her hand, and carried the arrows in a wooden tube like case strapped across her back. He walked up towards her and held a copper bell upside down to her face. She peaked inside the bell and saw small brown oval seeds. "What is it," she asked. "Rivea corymbosa, we call it Ololiuhqui; it comes from the Coaxihuitl, and this will help guide you in this séance. Now pour the seeds into your boca. She nodded as she lifted her head up and dripped the seeds into her mouth. He held out a bottle of mineral water. "Drink them down." She grabbed the glass bottle and took a few sips. He then unzipped his coat and pulled out the long stem of a vine with a white bell shaped flower bloomed upon it. He tied the vine against her forearm as the flower laid back upon the back of her hand. He placed her hands on her shoulders giving her a serious look as he said, "Prepare yourself now, on your journey to meet Huitzilopochtli, you will have to engage in war; hold the bow in your left hand and do not lose your guard; be aware of your enemies." He stood in front of the circle of stones turning to her saying, "encircle the opening soil four times, twice clockwise and twice counter clockwise." She started off walking around the outer edge of the circle. "Gran dios de la Guerra, padre del Mexica; voltiamos a su su cara sobre la tierra de la sur. Aqui esperamos a su llamada a el Guerra." She completed the encircling and stood in front of Arthur with an engaged look on her face. "Turn, he said pointing in front of him. She faced towards where he pointed. He walked up behind her "Okay now, close your eyes and await the call; when you hear it you will know it, that is when you must open your eyes.
She heard a trumpet sound off, followed by the sounds of drums and she smelled presence of smoke in the air. She still kept her eyes closed, and waited. The sound of men yelling and shouting began to slowly creep louder and louder into her ears. She gripped the bow tightly in her hand, but still did not open her eyes. Blasting sounds began to pummel. Finally she heard the cry of an eagle hovering above her. Her eyes tore open. The eagle was perched upon a cactus looking straight towards her. She felt him placed his hands onto her arms pulling her to walk backwards. She stepped into the circle and tripped falling onto her back.
She lifted her head as her eyes fell upon a dead horses head, she saw an enormous wooden rack filled with the many severed heads of men. A sudden rush of men charged yelling forth from behind her. She grabbed an arrow from behind her back and fired one off into the air as it then arched off downward piercing a man's head. A man dressed in armor came rushing towards her with an iron sword held in his hand. Another man ran in front of her ant a dart into the man's throat and quickly ran off. She grabbed another arrow and turned her head side-to-side looking for more on comers. She felt something grab at her leg; she quickly looked down and saw a fallen soldier grunting as he attempted to raise his sword from the ground. She quickly aimed the arrow at the man and launched the arrow flying straight through his eye and through the back of his skull. She took off running and kept twisting her head in all directions. She turned her head towards the men fighting along her side. "Lupita, your facing the wrong way," she heard a voice yell from afar. She suddenly felt a lance pierce through her back. A burning searing pain stung her back as she fell face down. Another man fell dead on the ground beside her, his mouth open. She saw something crawl out of the man's mouth. It crawled out onto his lips and flew off into the air. She saw it was a butterfly, as she suddenly began to notice many of them flying across the sky. She looked down at her wound and saw blood, profusely pouring out. She felt her body grow cold as her eyes slowly began to shut. She quickly opened her eyes and arose as she saw the ground had become dark red and all of the people had vanished. She saw a massive temple, as she stood alone in the dim lit light. Slowly she noticed the sun begin to rise towards the top of the temple. The sun grew brighter as it climbed upward. She heard faint thumping as she felt the ground pulse. She looked down and saw the ground littered with human hearts throbbing. She began to panic as she beheld the spectacle. "Below your feet," she heard again from a voice in the distance. The sun crept on almost entire above the temple growing in its luminosity. She looked below her foot and saw a golden reflection of the sky on the ground. It was a gold shield; she grabbed it and lifted it up in her hand. "Cover your eyes," she heard the voice yell as the sun now stood above the massive temple. She quickly hid her head behind the shield, as she began to see rays of light randomly illuminating the ground. She started walking forth towards the temple with shield held in front of her. She approached the steps and saw the base littered with dead human bodies as blood slowly poured down the steps like a flowing creek. She heard her steps splash wet as she ran up toward the top of the temple. She felt the suns rays grow intense as sweat dripped down her face she noticed the shield getting warmer. Instantly a ray of light shot through the shield burning a hole into it, as more of sunlight began to pierce threw it. She reached the top of the temple and threw the shield onto the ground. From the distance a humming bird flew down and zipped around her back and forth with it's head pointed at her. She reached up into the air as if preparing to catch it, as she cupped her left her left hand like a bell. The hummingbird darted into her hand. She twisted her hand upside down and opened her palm and saw the white flower growing out of her hand as the humming bird hovered above it back and forth, it then stuck its head in and out of the flower. Slowly the hummingbird flew into it. She felt a sudden wave of heat as she saw the ground glow brightly orange, yellow, and red. A sudden enormous thread of fire blast into the air as it danced serpentine like into the sky. "Lupita! It's done," she heard from the voice. More enormous threads shot high into the sky. The ground began to slither its colors as it amalgamated its many shades of luminosity. "Ya ese es suficiente! Para le," she heard the faint voice speak. She saw a black face appear in the sky. She felt a sudden forceful push as she fell onto the ground. She felt herself being shaken. "Coyolxauhqui, Tezcatlipoca, cerra la dia sobre esta nina, tapa el sol y esonde el luz," he shouted out in a pleading voice.
She awoke and found herself lying outside of the circle. It was night; the moon was full. He was sitting down crouched over a fire. "Next time I tell you to stop; you better listen to me, he said as he bit down onto a loaf of bread and took a sip of mineral water. "I'm sorry," she faintly said as she walked towards him. "You are aware that if you get to close to the sun, you'll just burn up," he said as he handed the bread to her. She took a bite and kept silent. "Do you know how many more gods you have left to summon," he said as he placed the bottle down and turned to her with an expecting look on his face. "Hmm, I think…four more before I reach Ometeotl," she said squinting her eyes. "I think I see someone standing behind a tree," she said pointing to an ash tree. A woman appeared from the tree, her entire face wrapped in gauze. Is it…." He said as he quickly stood up and took a step back. A man dressed in a grey jumpsuit walked up from behind her bearing a grave look on his face. "Lupitaaa run back home," he yelled out as he turned away and started walking quickly. She saw the man step closer towards them and immediately took off running. Arthur attempted to run off but was instantly grabbed by the woman and brought down to the ground. The man crouched down and laid his left knee on his chest. The woman turned towards Lupita's direction and dashed off. "Stop we didn't come for his pupil," he said listing his hand. She stopped dead in her track and walked back towards him. "They are awfully irritated by your doings, Arthur," the man said angrily. "What do you know," exclaimed Arthur struggling lifting his head up. "I do know that the gods don't want you treading upon their sacred dwellings just for your amusement," he grunted planting his palm onto his forehead slamming his head back down against the dirt pushing down forcefully. He saw a rectangular wooden basket strapped to his back. "I see you're still relying upon your dead fetus for protection, huh," Arthur said in a sarcastic tone smirking. "Hold him down," he said to the woman. She sat on top of him and her forearm down on his neck. He grabbed Arthur's arm and held his wrist firmly. "So, the gods asked of me so that you got their message clearly, that I am to break you four fold," he said as he grabbed hi pinky and began bending it backwards. He screamed out loudly as he slowly felt the tension increase ending with a resounding pop from his finger. He grabbed the next finger and twisted it sideways till it cracked, as he hollered out loudly in anguish. He grabbed his middle finger pressing his thumb against the tip of his finger, pushing down on the center of his index finger and middle finger snapping it in half. He then placed his hand onto the ground and grabbed a rock the size of his palm jammed it down onto his index finger. His finger began to bleed out onto the ground. Grabbing the canteen from his waist he poured the liquid into his mouth and spat it out onto his wound then said, "Miquiztli, take your left hand." He felt his hand grow intensely cold as it tremor intensely in pain. "By the powers of life entombed in stone may you bear the burden whenever you step on ground." He reached into his basket and grabbed a hand full of sand letting it fall down onto the soil. "Let's go." He slowly lifted himself up and walked off followed by the woman. Arthur attempted to lift himself up but was then suddenly forced back down. His entire body felt as if it were being pushed down upon. "Heh, funny how there's no Aztec god of strength, when you need one," he said laughingly to himself. He threw his shoulder sideways and rolled over onto his stomach pushing his body up with his forearms. He curled his head towards his knees and jerking lifted his back up.
She heard faint tapping on her window. She brushed the curtain aside and found him lying face down with his hand clinging onto the window ledge. She opened the window and pulled his arm through. He lifted himself and threw into onto the floor. "Arthur, what happened? Who were those people," she asked worryingly. "He's just a madman," he faintly whispered. "The fucker hexed me." "But what's wrong, why are you shivering," she yelled out. "Go get me some of your dad's liquor," he said lazily lifting his head. She went out into the living room and saw her father lying on the couch asleep with a full bottle of liquor beside him. She went back to him with the bottle in her hand and handed it to him. He sat up and laid his back against the wall, twisted the cap off and drank it down. She noticed his hand stained white. She grabbed his hand and saw her fingered stained dark red. "You're hurt," she said. "It's dark in here, don't you have anything besides candles, he asked and chugged more liquor down. She shook her head. "Why are you shaking so much," she asked anxiously. "It's fucking cold and this liquor aint doing its job, haha," he said his voice drunken and slow. She walked up to her mattress and grabbed a sheet. She placed the sheet on him. She picked up a shirt and tied it around his hand. He reached over and grabbed her arm. "You're warm," he said as he pulled her towards him and sat her down on his lap. He pressed her back tightly against him. She quiet as she felt his body shiver beside her. She gasped as he lifted her shirt and placed his hand onto her stomach. "Aaah, that's too cold," she screamed out sweeping his arm away. He laughed at her. "Sorry," he replied snickering. "Are you sure you're okay," she asked turning her head towards him. "The curse on me is only temporary, but my hand is now permanently dead. And there's nothing I can do," he said lifting his wrapped hand to his face.He felt his body creep slowly warm as he saw this bright luminosity grow. He opened his eyes and saw her lying on her mattress. He turned out towards the window and beheld the sun beaming gently down upon him. He walked out the door and saw her father dressed in a business suit, just staring into the floor, sitting in a chair. Arthur stood there looking at him as if waiting to hear a response from him. He said nothing. He slowly walked out the door and was struck with a sudden gust of wind. The sound of howling burst loudly into the air. He knew exactly what that meant and started walking along the side of the road till he reached a dirt alley and followed it all along through. He arrived at an old worn down wooden house held up ten feet high into the air by four tree trunks that acted as beams supporting the four corners of the house. "Baba, I've recently been attacked by the devil; I heard you call…so I am now here, what is it you ask of me," he said looking up at the door of the house. Suddenly in an instant, he saw all of the trees around him shake and heard the leaves rustle against one another. "Forget the devil, I've called you to let you know I want you to proceed again tomorrow," a faint raspy voice called from behind as he felt his spine being poked. "Again, tomorrow; don't you think we're moving too fast now," he said puzzled. "Don't I think we're moving; yes of course but that no longer matters since your shadow's seal had been opened, the séances that are done are no longer left incomplete," she said quickly nodding her head a she started walking towards her house slightly shaking. She reached into a bag she had with her and pulled out a brown leather glove, then threw it at him. He looked at it and noticed burnt marking upon its surface. "El mano de Tlazolteotl, la lengua de su boca; it's used to keep filths away, but in your case it has already invaded your body. Turn the glove inside out and wear it on your broken hand, it should remove the hex he's placed on you. But it wont heal your broken bones." "Gracias," he said looking at the glove. He looked up as he saw her suddenly disappear, and noticed the door of the house slowly close. The sun began to shoot out from the sparse clouds. He quickly ran behind a tree and sat in its shadow. He looked down at the ground with weary eyes; he plucked a blade of grass from the soil and slowly rubbed his thumb and finger against one another. He lifted his head back onto the tree and stared into the sky. He closed his eyes and started to drift. He heard crying. He saw a man in the distance with a frown on his face. He saw tears glimmer off his face. He saw that he was screaming but couldn't hear his voice. The man placed his hands on his face, bearing an expression of anger and remorse looking skyward. "Silly man, he knows damn well the gods cannot hear," he heard a woman's voice say. His eyes burst open as he quickly got to his feet and turned around. He saw nothing. "Your time ends here," he heard from behind. There the man stood with the woman beside him. The door to the cabin flew open, and the old lady came rushing at him with a stick in her hand. Arthur looked at the woman's arm and saw a snake wrapped around her arm holding the snake's head in her fingers. She ran at him. Baba jabbed the stick at the man's neck and pinned him against the tree as she said, "Ehecatl, salga se!" his eyes widened as he felt the air flow out from his lungs. The woman placed her hand onto Arthur's head and slammed the snakes head onto his shoulder. The enraged snake opened its mouth unveiling the black inside and bit down furiously into his skin. He clawed at her face removing the bandages. Her face was marked full with scars as she grinned at him with a malignant look in her eyes. The man kicked Baba off and ran towards the woman and shot his eyes to the side. They both took off running as quickly as they could. "No…" the lady said as she quickly turned towards Arthur. His eyelids suddenly drooped. "Are we inside a cave," he asked as he looked to her. "Sit down," she yelled out afraid. "What did she do," she asked loudly. "She had some snake bite me," he said as he looked around her. "What did it look like," she exclaimed placing her hands on his shoulders. "It was grey, and inside its mouth…it was all black," he said looking at the bite. A look of dread befell her face. She looked up, her mouth agape as her hands shook. "What do you see," he asked. "Mictecacihuatl," she said faintly placing her hands over her mouth. He broke out into a sweat. He spat out onto the ground. "I see…" he said as he laid his head onto the tree. "There's nothing I can summon; nothing I can do; I'm so sorry," she said looking at him as she placed her hands onto his face. He lowered his head, as saliva dripped down onto the ground.

She found herself inside a small hut. It was dark inside. She sat with her knees up and her arms wrapped around her legs. She felt a slight thin breeze rush through the cracks and gaps of the hut, brush against her knees and face. She looked up at the roof only a few inches above her head. And lowered her head back down to her feet. She awoke with a gasp and found herself lying on the mattress. She turned her head and saw that Arthur was gone. "I, feel sick," he said as he placed his hands onto his stomach. He was inside her house, as he lied down; the lady sprinkled water from her fingers back and forth around him. "And I feel like I can't fucking breathe," he said faintly. He looked beside him and saw a dead dog lying there; its neck covered in blood. He placed his hand on the dog and rubbed his hand against it. He frowned. "I'm really going out, huh," he said. She said nothing. He grabbed the dog's head and kissed the top of it. "Lupita," he exclaimed panicking lifting himself up. She placed her hand onto his chest and gently pushed him back down. "Don't worry, I will finish it," she said calmly. "What will she…how will she…didn't I…..aaaah," he said as he gripped his hair and pulled. "But i.. wanted her to…." He gritted his teeth as tears ran down his face. "Then this makes me…….insignificant….." he yelled out slamming his hands onto the floor." You were her summoner; now enough of this, the rest shall be carried by me," she said placing her hands on his cheeks. "What if…" he said as he frowned, his eyes darting all over the place. His body suddenly stopped moving as his eyes struck stiff. She placed her head against his head then wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. "Mi hijo sagrado…" she said as she placed her fingers on his face.



"Ivan, I have slain this beast," she said kneeling and placing her hands onto the floor. He walked up to her placing the tip of his fingers beneath her chin and kissed her. "You're free Surena," he said slowly. She began unwrapping the bandages from her face. "I've taught you well enough; you're perhaps ever better then me now," he said nodding. She lowered her head then walked out the door.

She heard a knock on the door. She opened it and saw her holding Arthur cradled in her arms. "He's gone," she said as she came down to her knees and laid him upon the ground. She felt a sudden rush of terror as she gazed upon him. "Arthur," she exclaimed her voice grinding against the back of her throat. Tears poured down her face, as she hugged him tightly sobbing.

The winds stirred in circles the sun veiled by dark grey clouds.
Moonlit-chapter7
The sky filled with an ominous atmosphere. The clouds drifted across in behemoth plumes of dark gray. “So he’s dead, you say; hmmm, that’s too bad,” he said in a contemplating tone as he grabbed a pinch of dirt and poured it into his mouth. “So she must be…” “Yes, she was…his successor,” she said looking down to her. He ran his fingers through his dark violet hair, scratching hi scalp, his head tilted as he noticed her eyes water. Drops slid down her cheeks. “She sheds tears…she’s become emotionally attached to him; you summon Tlaloc with you cries, you do know that don’t you? He would love the tears of a little girl like you,” he said opening his eyes wide open. Her eyebrows lowered as she lifted her hand and swiftly slapped him. “Lupita,” she exclaimed as she pulled her back away from him. “Please, forgive her rudeness; she knows not and is greatly distressed,” she said softly. He took in a deep breath through his nostrils and looked up. “The winds, cold and strong, the clouds…dark and bold, the creek rushes forth and the earth tastes dull; something misaligned is coming,” he said to himself thinking as he placed his two fingers on his lips. “So can you carry off from where he left,” she asked. “I am not…fond of the idea of me guiding an apprentice,” he whispered as he walked into his home and gently shut the door. “I am perhaps not the best person to carry you forth Lupita; my methods are much to enforcing for you to burden,” she said to her. “I want Arthur,” she faintly said wiping her eyes. “Arthur is gone and you must accept it, you will me myy shadow now,” she replied plainly.
There lied the body of a middle-aged woman dead, naked and stretched out upon the ground. He looked upon the corpse as if it presented to him a challenge at hand. He stopped and stretched out his arms, hands open. “Necromancer,” a deep voice scowled from behind him. His head quickly jerked back around. “Who the hell are you,” the man yelled out. “You have perturbed the king of Mictlan, himself. And you desecrate the dead as if they were mere toys for your amusement,” he said to him. “Listen I don’t, who the..” he said but was suddenly silenced as his mouth was quickly wrapped by his hand and slammed against the wall. “What the hell do you want from me,” he mumbled angrily. “I just want to be sure you got the message, necromancer,” he said pushing his head against the wall. He pulled out a dagger and stabbed his left knee piercing all the way through. He yelled out in pain flailing his fists at his face repeatedly. He quickly pulled out the blade and pierced his right knee. He shouted out even louder swinging his fists as hard as he could at his face. He grinned at him with teeth stained red. He spat blood on his face then let him loose falling face flat onto the ground.
The clouds could bear no more and gave way to the havy rains. She placed her open palm out into the air letting the water drip down her arm. She put her wet fingers onto Lupita’s face and slid them down her head, nose, lips, and cheeks. Lupita frowned, grabbed her wrist and lowered her head. “We must carry forth and summon Tlaloc,” she said in a bold tone. “I wont,” Lupita whispered to the floor. “You must,” she exclaimed back. “Only his wife…I will only summon her,” she replied. “Tepitzintle te xontlamati ahmo tlen te xontlato! Calling upon Tlaloc is one of the most honorable séances you can have; how can you deny that,” she whispered out loud. “Chalchiuhtlicue.…not Tlaloc,” she finally said walking towards the door. “So be it then,” said Baba as she sighed.
He sat there upon a rusted chair beneath a crumbling ceiling. His faces looking up watching the rain fall through the holes in the roof. He tapped his foot against the flooded floor, splashing water onto his boots. He looked down into the water. “Cipactli,” he firmly called out loud. The ground rumbled as drops of water began to jump out of the surface. Two eyes emerged from the water. A long dark brownish green, rough skinned snout floated up. Its head lifted out and its jaws split open unveiling its array of serrated teeth. “Who is…she,” he asked out, as his eyes arced across the ceiling. The creature turned its head sideways and glared at his eyes as it grumbled. “Oh? Hmmm….I didn’t know someone like her would be capable of such. Of course I did notice her seal was open. Still…” he said to himself pondering. He lifted his head back, placing his two fingers on his lips. The water rippled instantly. His eyes quickly shot to his left. “Oh…yes, sure of course; I’ll let you have this, if you keep it a secret,” he said in a quiet tone with a raspy voice. He fingered his pocket and pulled out a gray stone and held it out between his thumb and index finger. He dropped it into the murky water.
They were upon the séance ground as Lupita stood outside the circle. She held out a clump of small seeds in her palm as she said, “These are the seeds of Tlitliltzin, it is a morning glory species just like the one you used with Huitzilopochtli.” Lupita grabbed the seeds and dropped them into her mouth and drank it down. She pushed her into the circle and began circling while she chanted in nahual, “"Teteoye xitlacaqui nehuapol. Chalchiuhtlicue, xihualmohuica...” An hour passed and she finally stopped speaking. “Lupitaaa,” she heard Baba’s voice distort and fade away. The air became silent as she beheld the raindrops slowly clash onto the soil. Her stomach suddenly felt nauseous. She threw her head onto the ground and gasped. Her hear began to beat intensely and at a slower rate. She was overwhelmed with a sudden rush of animosity. She felt the muscles on her face begin to tighten. Sudden drops of warm water slid down her chin.
She found herself lying upon her back. Baba stood looking down at her with a serious look. She felt her body come loose as she looked up and noticed that she was lying within the creek. There it stood. Lupita was overcome with awe as she beheld the goddess. The woman knelt down before her, looking curiously at Lupita. Her hands were laid upon her jade skirt, with short black vertical lines running across the lower part of her face. She quickly looked away and sealed her eyes closed as she gritted her teeth tightly. “I don’t…I don’t want this, anymore,” her voice quivered out loud as she lifted her back and dug her knees between her knees.
He slammed his axe into the dry cracked soil and lifted his chin. He sat upon the dead bison’s back and looked into the dead bears eyes with a pondering expression. “Cannot be all that gods ask of me,” he said to himself as he rubbed his fingers against his beard. “No, this isn’t.” he stood up. He tore the axe from the dirt and threw it down upon the bisons neck cleanly severing through as he felt the dry grind crunch of the blade as it cut through the neck and penetrated the soil. He grabbed a hold of the head by its small horns and dropped it into a four foot hole dug into the ground. He pulled out a knife and walked towards the bear. He pierced the bears chest and ran the knife all the way down to its gut.
He looked up at the house and saw a man in a black formal suit sitting at the door with his legs dangling out into the air. “Oh, hey Dimitri what brings you here,” asked the man as he swung his legs back and forth. “Nothing…I’ve just come to look for something,” he replied. He dropped a rope down to the ground. “Baba’s not here, if your looking for her,” he said. He climbed the rope and jumped into the house and walked towards a shelf. Garth erupted out loud yelling, “Heyyy, what the hell Dimitri you’re tracking mud all over the floor!” “Hmm….oh, I see,” he replied with a lack of attention as he looked through the shelf of books. He walked over towards a table with eight assorted bodies of scriptures. “Aaagh, Baba will give me hell if she sees your damned mess,” he yelled out angrily as he wiped off the mud with a rag. Dimitri’s eyebrows raised as his eyes befell upon a paper. He placed his fingers over his lips as he silently mouthed the words written, to himself. He quickly lifted the papers and walked towards the door. Garth quickly rushed behind him and grabbed a hold of his hair. “Aah, unh I don’t think so, hey,” he exclaimed. “Perhaps, you forget…” he said as he extended his arm and opened his hand. A black string slipped from his fingers tied to a crocodile tooth. A grave look struck upon Garth’s face as he let go of his dim violet hair and stepped back. He looked up and saw the rain begin to slowly pour down again. He slipped the scriptures beneath his jacket and wrapped his arms around his waist. He tilted his head back sideways. “Do, feel free; to let her know what I have taken from her; by the way she is my elder cousin….she should understand.” “You have no right Dimitri, you can’;t just take what is hers without her permission,” he boasted grabbed a hold of his shoulder. He turned and sniffed his hand. His eyes opened wide. “You, should keep away from lavender, it does befit you,” he said slipping down the rope. “By the way I do like your suit,” he yelled out walking away as he waved the back of his hand to him.
She was sitting on a log as she watched Lupita with a worried look. “I will not force you to carry on if you wish it not,” she said to her. She said nothing as she sat there still in the creek. “Arthur’s death was no accident,” she said. Lupita lifted her head and turned to her. “He was killed by a foolish man’s apprentice,” she said. “Who is this man,” she asked. “He is named Akridas, and he poses a threat to every man and woman who works summoning craft because he believes he’s doing gods work, Arthur told me he was attacked earlier by him. I am most certain he was with you at the time,” she said. “And who was that man you took me to,” Lupita asked. “Aaah, Dimitri...he is my cousin, he’s reached Omeyocan as well; but he’s never bothered to teach a student, I don’t know why,” she replied. “So…is it true? Is your craft truly the greatest,” she asked. A smile crept up on her face. “Most certainly is little one,” she said in a rush. “Then why couldn’t you save Arthur,” she faintly said turning her face away and laying her head on her knees.
She lied naked in bed with a cigar in her hand. He walked into the room and was shocked. “What, happened to you,” he said out loud looking at her face. “Nothing,” she spoke lifting herself up. “Nothing?! Looks like your face was fucking mauled by tigers,” he exclaimed. “I need to get back into business, I need money, and I want you to find me some people,” she said. “Surena, there are no more hits, it’s a dead game out there; no one’s going to hire a specialist, they all have their own guys to do that now,” he said shaking his head. “Alright,” she said as her eyes lowered. “Okay look I’ll try and if I can’t find anyone, I’ll hook you up with something else, okay,” he said patting her shoulder. She held the cigar to his face. “You can have it, I really don’t smoke.” He smiled and grabbed it then walked out the door. She reached over to the chair and threw her coat on and walked out the door.
They arrived back at her house. “What about your father, doesn’t he need to know,” she asked her. “It’s okay,” she said. “Garth,” she exclaimed in surprise. “Greetings Baba,” he said smiling. “Oh, what are you doing here,” she kindly asked. “I’ve come to pick up a few herbs from you,” he said clapping his hands. He followed her into a room full of jars. His eyes scanned the labels. “So, how’s your husband doing,” she asked. “Oh, he’s quite fine,” he said as he lifted a jar. Baba walked out and looked at the table. She squinted her eyes and quickly turned to Garth. “Dimitri,” he said. “Did you try to stop him,” she asked. “Yes, of course; but he didn’t listen,” he pleaded. “Did you use craft on him,” she asked. “Noo, I know better than to do that,” he said shaking his head. “Good.” “He took the book of Huecauh and Tzonquizcayotl,” she said in thought.
“Iknew I read…yes…” said Dimitri as he fingered the lines of words, written in nahuatl. He opened his eyes wide in surprise as he read, “Oontetot.” “He believes I’m unaware of his current position,” he thought to himself as his eyes shot straight up. Akridas jumped down from the roof and walked towards him. “I see your as usual, sleep deprived, huh,” said Akridas, noticing the black bags under his eyes. “Yeees, I am much….too busy to be resting,” he said as his eyes ran down the sentences. “I was unaware that you were here,” said Dimitri lifting his head. “The gods have spoken,” said Akridas with a serious look. “And they speak, of a traitor.” His eyebrows lowered as he said this. “It has been raining all day, even now it still pours,” he said as he walked outside. “They say you reside by Cipactli’s side,” he said as he reached into the wooden basket grabbing a handful of sand. “Gizol bring him down,” he said as he dropped the sand. Dimitri quickly fell to his knees. He walked up behind him. Dimitri threw his back forth and unsteadily lifted himself up. “You use that which I gave you, against me,” he asked as he began taking slow steps forth. “How old are you now…forty if I’m right? This façade mission is getting worn now,” he said pondering as he tilted his head looking up at a tree. “This is no game,” he said seriously, as he grabbed the glaive tied to his back. “I’ll have you know, my craft is fairly strong,” he quietly said as he slipped his two fingers over his mouth.
He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black rock and held it out into the air between his thumb and middle finger. “Cipactli, teuhyo xiauh huecatlan,” he firmly called out loud, then snapped his fingers shooting the rock into the mud. The ground instantly sunk in downward, pulling Akrida’s legs into the soil. “Aaagh,” he yelled out struggling, the mud had now swallowed him up to his knees. Dimitri kept his back to him and kept walking forth.
Baba pulled out a bottle of wine and poured it into a glass. Lupita lifted her head and gazed at the glass. She walked up to the table. She grabbed the glass in her hands and quickly swallowed it down. “Aaaaah, Lupita,” she yelled out. “What are you doing?!” Lupita snatched the bottle and ran out of the house
She arrived at these tall gates. And she slid through the poles and got inside. She slowly walked up to a tombstone and knelt down. She held the bottle’s mouth to her lips and took some sips. “Arthur…” A tremor in her voice as she frowned. She grabbed the bottle and placed it beside the stone. “I brought this..for you…” she whispered as she placed her head on the tombstone. “Please wake up, Arthur, please…..wake up,” she whispered again and again. She placed her hand upon it and slid her fingers down as tears dripped from her face.
© Copyright 2009 True_Emin (true_emin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1604296-Moonlit-Chapters-6-7