*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1604375-Im-sorry-grandma
Rated: E · Short Story · Inspirational · #1604375
...I love you grandma...
  I was 7 yrs. old when my grandma visited us in our place. She needed to look after me for a week because my nanny was sick and mum was working night shift in a hospital and my dad was working until midnight.



  I was excited at first and very happy that my grandma was there, because I’m afraid to sleep on my own. But after a few days I got sick of her and tried to make her go away.



One night I was drinking my milk and I intentionally spilled it to make her clean it, after that I climbed to my bed and kicked all the stuff toys and tore all the boxes of my Barbie dolls. I kept yelling at my grandma, telling her to clean all the mess that I did. I even told her to go away!



    I didn't know that my mum was there in the other room. I thought she was still at work. I was shocked when my mum opened the door and she was really mad at me. She told me off. I was already crying when my grandma intervened and hugged me tight and told my mum to stop yelling at me. I rested my head on grandma’s chest and sobbed. Then my mum left my room.



  My grandma reached for the brush on my bedside table and brushed my hair gently. After that she put all the stuff toys that I kicked beside my bed and the Barbie boxes on top of my drawer. She tucked me in and kissed me goodnight.

I couldn’t sleep and I kept thinking about grandma. Suddenly the door opened and I felt grandma sat beside my bed. I kept my eyes shut because I was thinking that she would get mad if I was still awake.



  I heard grandma sobbing. I knew deep inside that I was the reason why she was hurt. All those words that I yelled at her, words that came from my mouth.



  When I woke up, I looked for grandma right away. My nanny was back, I asked her where grandma was. She said “Oh she already left. She asked me to give these flowers to you when you wake up.”



  “What time is she gonna come back?” I asked.



  “Don’t you know? It’s been a week. She needs to go back to the province” my nanny said.



    I hugged my nanny and said sorry to her. I was such a naughty and stubborn kid. I didn’t get a chance to say sorry to my grandma at all. Until now (I’m already 17) I couldn’t look at my grandma without remembering what I did to her before, but she never mentioned it to me. It was like it didn’t happen at all. I would always come and kiss her first whenever we visit her and she would always stroke my hair and say “I love you.”





© Copyright 2009 cazzbie (cazzbie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1604375-Im-sorry-grandma