*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1604697-Tides-of-Yesterday
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Comet
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1604697
The year is 2012: a group of students are send to Mars to start over.
                                                                         
  The dim light of dawn shone weakly through the windows. Shadows of the large furniture in the room began to rise. Thousands of generations of spiders spun webs through every corner. However, in spite of the room's pitiful state, it held a proud feeling as if it was alive, vowing to never give up. The door suddenly cracked open, and little varmints with filthy bodies scurried swiftly across the floor. The man who opened the door started in disbelief at the room.
  The man had dirty blond curls, dark eyes, a tanned, firm body, and when he spoke, a thick Australian accent. "Hey Lorelei, look's like we have work to do. This place has not been used in a while."
  A woman slipped next to the man. She had long, thick red hair and startling lilac eyes. She was extremely slender, yet clearly she had some muscle. "Hush, Fernando." Lorelei had a light, English accent. "Before the others wake up." She swept her arm across the room. "It's somewhere here, I feel it. Hurry and look through the furniture."
  More quietly, Lorelei murmured, "For the sake of the human race."
-------------------------------
 
Like it? Hate it? It's only a prologue, so be nice.
             
                              -DappledComet
© Copyright 2009 Comet (dappledcomet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1604697-Tides-of-Yesterday