*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1604733-Impact-of-Advertisements
by Kavya
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #1604733
This article is about the impact of the advertisements targetted at children.
With the televisions having invaded our living rooms, it has become very common to spend everyday atleast an hour, glued to its screen. Do you have any idea how much advertisements you get to see just in an hour? Out of them, how many are targetted at children? Many.



One out of every two advertisement is targetted at children. Children get carried away by these ads that they start forcing their parents to buy that product. Most of the products are utter useless and is a sheer waste of money. A study says that 35% of all TV ads use children to attract consumers. All these temptation end up in conflicts in parent-child relationship. Parents who knows how false these ads are do not allow their children to buy that product, while the child counter actsby throwing tantrums at his parents. Children can't differentiate between what right is and what wrong is. At this tender age, they try to absorb each thing they hear and see. The advertisers, taking this to their advantage, lure the children.



Sometimes, parents themselves are the culprits. They bribe their children by telling that they would buy a famous product shown in ads, if the child does something they want. This makes the situation bad to worse. Already the child's mind is poisoned with ads, on top of that they lure him by buying these ad featured products. This is not to say that the parents should totally ban buying toys, but there should be some limit. Children can't take the decision always. On the other hand being completely strict will result in adjustment problems.



The only way out of this problem is to counter the children targetting advertisers. Child targetting ads should be banned as it is done in Sweden. We need better citizens for tomorrow. We would definitely want them  to be responsible and not short-sighted, falling for fallacy.
© Copyright 2009 Kavya (prodigyss at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1604733-Impact-of-Advertisements