*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1605042-Poison
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1605042
A different spin on a definition of a promise
You seem to smile so sweetly.
You manage to make me weak at the knees.
I simply can't help but to get lost in your deep blue eyes.
I can't help but smile back everytime I see your face.

But, I'm not her. I'm not she who is so blessed.
Not a black-haired beauty am I. Nor am I nearby. I've not known you 3 years.
You've never seen me cry. Not am I a part of your circle of close friends.
Not am I your girl.

She must be amazing. She must be funny and smart. She must be beautiful.
She must be so lucky.

Yet you promised, Me, a perfect stranger, the hope of something even more beautiful.
The hope of your attention in later days. In your dream. Your compassionate dream, I cannot resist.
Please, keep your word to me. Write to me, and let me know you meant what you said. Let me know that you meant the words you spoke, those sweet words. Every last drop of sound that hangs from your lips, I'll drink in as if my life depended on it, I'll drink in every bit of information you have to offer me about yourself, about your soul, about the very essence that is you.

Don't let me drink in poison. Don't let me be hurt by one drop. Just speak. Just speak in your most sincere voice, and I'll believe. Let me know you're nodding your head a mile away. Let me know you're feeling my plea. Feeling my joy, my fear.

Promised, you did. Promised.

Now keep it.
© Copyright 2009 Mihwaho (mihwaho24 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1605042-Poison