*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1605594-Mirror
Rated: E · Other · None · #1605594
Words in my head as I woke up this am.
I wipe the haze away from the mirror I stand before and gaze into my own eyes…wondering. The man staring back at me is not only my best friend, but my worst enemy. The lines and scars that mark my face tell a tragic story…one I’m mostly to blame for…I ask no one to try to look inside these eyes and try to figure out why a man who is so complex yet so simple can loath himself in such a manner that he ruins every opportunity and relationship that comes across his path and do so with such efficiency . Trust. A five letter word that can set off a fire of circumstances that, if not watched closely, will consume everything around it and let you to wonder if it was even a good idea to believe anything or anyone because if the incendiary nature of it. I am trying to figure out why… over these years that have gone by…I, allow people to get close to me when I know what the end result will be. Trust. Bad intentions. Dishonesty. False hope.
© Copyright 2009 TheEpicLOU (thereal89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1605594-Mirror