*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1606152-The-Lone-One-Standing
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #1606152
Death, beyond and the return.
Death was sudden. Unexpected. He didn't know what hit him and by the time he realised that he was dead, his soul was wiped clean out of his body. There was no light. No tunnel even. No feeling of weightlessness. Nothing. It just seemed like he was still there. Present. Existing, like nothing had happened.

It was dark all around him. Nothing cheery, nothing comforting. No afterlife, then. Just existing. No emotions. No feelings. Nothing.

This wasn't what was taught in Sunday School. This went against everything that even Hinduism preached. So this was death.

He could still walk around like a normal person. Not that people were noticing, but the fact that he could do it gave him some comfort.No passing through walls, no floating in the air. Just being a nomad.

And yet, even in his solitude, the dreary emptiness inside him gave him strength. He still had no idea how he died. His last memory was of being in a parking lot, with the sun shining through him. Hardly close to the scenario he was in at the moment. There was no sun. No moon. Just darkness.
© Copyright 2009 Sukanya (sukanya_u at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1606152-The-Lone-One-Standing