*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1606723-A-good-life-in-perspective
by Inkzzz
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Young Adult · #1606723
The story of a girl growing up, trying to escape all that seems normal.
Prologue.

So I'm sitting here at this bus stop. Noise pollution. Cars, wind, birds, kids laughing. All the usual crap. I've sat here many times before, thinking the same thoughts, kicking the same rock, waiting for the same bus. 'What the hell am I doing?' I think to myself. 'I'm going home' myself thinks back. I don't want to go home though, just another night at home. Couldn't think of anything worse. Feeling down again. Its not depression, I know that, because I haven't withdrawn myself from social interaction. I couldn't describe it, its like numb.
Its like I have so many things going on that are eventually going to drag me down but I'm not going to think about them right now, because right now I don't have to deal with any immediate consequences.
'I don't know.' I'm thinking. 'I don't know what the bloody hell to do with my self'. But the bus is here, one thing I do know is that I've got to get on the bus and go home. I need to make sense of everything, I need to figure everything out, so I'm going back to the beginning. Because you know what they say, to know where your going you have to know where you've been.

Chapter One.

I was born in Sydney in the spring. Mum and Dad had just bought the house, my older brother Zac had just started kindergarten. Everything was normal. Happy. So there I was, a newborn. Unaccustomed. Uncontaminated. A beautiful world, a beautiful family.
2 years later, baby Sam arrives. My new little brother. By then I was a little older, a little wiser. Sam gets the hugs, he gets the attention. Zac doesn't seem to mind, but I do,.
© Copyright 2009 Inkzzz (lucy_am01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1606723-A-good-life-in-perspective