*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1607518-The-Fall-of-Abaddon
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1607518
The fall of an Angel...
Abaddon strained hard against the angelic hosts, gritting his teeth, spitting blood and bile as he raged at the Father. It was all the others could do to keep him from attacking outright the maker of all that is. They knew, that he would, in turn, be destroyed... to be as if he never existed. Surely the Father would strike him down, and soon, for it seemed there was no end to Abaddon's fury. Even now he inched forward, although Michael, the next strongest, just under Abaddon, barred his path. His massive arms were about Abaddon's waist, and he held fast, along with about thirteen other angels, Abaddon's wings cracked and bled under their grip. Though somewhere within his spirit, wracked as it was with sadness and rage, Abaddon knew that the thought of defeating, or even approaching for that matter, He who sat upon the throne of Heaven was the greatest folly, he pressed forward nonetheless, unable to bear the sight of the empty throne to the Creator's right hand. His terrible voice reverberated accross the expanse of heaven like peals of ear splitting thunder, such as never was. "NO! NO!! YOU CANNOT ALLOW IT!! YOU CANNOT DEVISE SUCH A THING! It is UNSPEAKABLE! UNTHINKABLE!! YOU! You would wrap your ONLY BEGOTTEN SON in abysmal, decaying flesh and send him to his assured death!! It cannot be!! IT CANNOT BE!!!" The Father looked upon his beloved liutenant with loving eyes. He rarely spoke aloud... a mere gesture was enough to send the strongest angel reeling out of control... just a whisper from the mouth of God could destroy any who defied him. Lovingly, for the protection of his own beloved, he slowly turned his back on his angels... and although he then uttered merely the softest speech, the kingdom of Heaven was shaken to its core... "Stop. Abaddon, son of my heart... he chose." Bombarded with sheer, blinding power and light, Abaddon strained to answer back, his ears bleeding, his mighty voice dwarfed by that which spoke the universe into existence... "YOU ALLOWED IT!! YOU!!! THEY are not worthy of Him! They will not know Him!!! YOU HAVE CONDEMNED HIM TO PAIN AND DEATH!!!" Abaddon felt the earth begin to give way beneath his feet. He knew his existence was near it's end, and yet he raged on... "I have been your assassin!! I have punished them for their sins at YOUR bidding! Countless... countless souls have felt your wrath thru MY sword!! It was I who drove the first man and woman wailing from the garden. It was I who listened to the cries of terror from the mouths of the women when I shut fast the door of the ark and the waters rushed up out of the ground and swallowed them whole like a leviathan!! It was my sword that drank deep of the firstborn sons of Egypt... CHILDREN!!! Their mothers looked on in disbelief!! I have slain armies of men who came against your chosen few!!! MY WINGS ARE STAINED DEEPEST RED WITH THE BLOOD OF A TRILLION MEN... EVEN MORE... THEIR NUMBER UNCOUNTABLE LIKE THAT OF THE STARS IN THE NIGHT SKY!!! AND NOW... NOW YOU HAVE MADE YOUR OWN SON ONE OF THEM? TO DIE AS ONE OF THEM WHILE LUCIFER LAUGHS AT HIM? NO!!! I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS!!! I... WILL... STOP... THIS!!!!!" All at once, with one swift movement, Abaddon dispatched all those who held him. They flew in disarray this way and that, flung away from him like the toys of a child... even Michael. But as Abaddon lept forward, he discovered too late that his flight had left him. The golden street beneath him dissolved completely and he fell, like lighting towards the earth, fire burning his wings away, melting his flesh. Still he cried out... "HE WAS MY BROTHER!!! HE WAS MY FRIEND..." and before he could hear no more, God spoke to him in a whisper: "...and now, Abaddon, Archangel of Heaven, son of my heart, he will be... your savior." God then turned to Michael, still stunned and bleeding and spoke to him. "Take these others and go. Tell the shepherds near Bethlehem that the Christ is born."
© Copyright 2009 the legend of zane... (revelation9 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1607518-The-Fall-of-Abaddon