*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1608379-Old-Fashion-Gossip-Girl
by Lani
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Satire · #1608379
What would a modern Lizzy tell Charlotte? "colorful language"
*Ring*

“Hello?”

“Hey Char; I’m the bookstore looking for a romance to read.”

“What?” I need romance after everything that’s been going on around here. I can’t read accounting journals forever.”

“You got married and left me to defend myself on the twenty something Gossip girl marriage market.”

“No, not jealous just a little surprised. Thirty seven is not that old, but I don’t want to have that fight again. Did ya’ hear? Cameron left town without saying anything to Julie. Hasn’t called, texted, or e-mailed her. I think she should go after him, but you know my sister. His friend, Bill the Jerk, finally left the area. Thank God. He is a complete ass. Always looking down on us in the sticks, making snide remarks. He could have taken himself home anytime in his Ferrari. Why he hung out so long with his entourage of fawning assistances is a mystery to me.”

“Yeah I danced with once or twice with him. That last time we almost had a fight on the dance floor about George.”

“Why? Because he said he was trying to warn me, but I think he wanted to make George look bad.  Bill was always jealous of George's brains and charm. I doubt Mr. Stuck Up could ever to be that agreeable if his life depended on it. Not that he needs to be with his family business and connections. Wait till I tell you his latest screw-up that George had to smooth over ...Hang on I'm getting a new text"

“Char, he's a damn asshole! Who? Bill that's who! I just got text from his cousin. Rick. Remember? We met him at the Club before you got married. Listen to this:  "His cuz  is a good guy because he protects his friends. He saved Cameron from a trailer park princess." The Jerk destroyed Julie's happiness! That SOB better not show his face around here or I will rip him a new one! Up one side and down the other!”

"Uh thanks"

“Char, some lady just handed me a book. It’s Pride and Prejudice. No, I’ve never read it either. Jane Austen is a little too high brow for me. I wonder why she gave it to me.”
© Copyright 2009 Lani (lani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1608379-Old-Fashion-Gossip-Girl