*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1608442-Grace
Rated: · Other · Death · #1608442
just something i wanted to try..please do review..
She couldn’t do it anymore, her courage failed her and her despair taunted her hope. It was well within arm’s reach but all was yet again a mere illusion. She tried stretching out her arm, grab it before it disappeared again but, once more, she was deceived. Not much strength now, not much longer…
Soon, she would rest, close her eyes and exhale for one last time. Her throat was parched. Her bones creaked, like an old machine announcing its end…She was not so different either. No wrinkles, no blemishes, her skin was as clear and smooth as it had been in her youth. Only her lips betrayed her, their thinness, their cracks, and their paleness. Graceful in death as she had been in life, she rested her left hand on her heart and turned her head towards the setting sun. A tribute to her lost love, her soul, her sun…
As dusk announced itself, she took her time to smile and reminisce on the once good eras of her past, those moments that warm up your heart on a bad day…She took in all the goodness life had brought her and sighed in gratitude as she passed on.
© Copyright 2009 aditiboo (aditiboo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1608442-Grace