*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1609789-The-Scariest-Night-Of-My-Life
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Experience · #1609789
Contest entry for Voweled Out, -------------without using the letter U, per the contest.


The Scariest Night Of My Life



What I write down, is exactly what I saw. Anyone wishing to give me a lie detector test is more than welcome..........................Here goes.....................

I will never forget October 31st, 1992. I was a senior in high school. It was a Friday. My friend Ian, his girlfriend Michelle, myself and my girlfriend Lisa, had all gone to the high school basketball game. The game had gotten over earlier than expected. Both girls had a certain time they had to be home, and with the fast finish of the game, we had a still had a while to go.

The town we lived in was one of the oldest in all of California, and with that said, it had plenty of history. Ian and I, decided to take the girls to a place called Ford Park. We drove there in separate cars, and being horny teenagers we did what horny teenagers do. Let's say the windows were pretty fogged over when we were done. After the moments of teenage bliss were over, we all stood in the parking lot, enjoying the cool night, and frankly cooling off. Soon after we decided to take a walk in the cool night, before getting the girls home.

Now here is a side note concerning Ford Park. Ford Park, was the oldest park in one of the oldest towns in California. At this park there was a wide open field to the west of the parking lot. This field was probably as long as a football field in both directions. Towards the north side of the field it sloped into a hill. On top of this hill it leveled off and there was a small pond there. If one kept going north from the pond, there were two gigantic hedgerows. These hedgerows were easily thirty feet high, and the path they created was nearly thirty feet wide. Good symmetry. The path went on for close to sixty yards before it went to the left at a sixty degree angle (again more symmetry). Once past the bend, it was another sixty yards to the entrance of a clearing, where a larger fishing pond resided. The hedgerow basically connected the two ponds with a direct path.

Now back to the story. We all began walking towards the lower pond. At some point while we walked, Ian and I got the bright idea to go ahead of the girls, we talked them into playing a sort of hide and seek, with the higher pond being the main objective. The girls were into it being that it was Halloween, and everyone decided it was a good idea. So while the girls closed there eyes, Ian and I took off for the hedgerow. We were having a fantastic night and the plan was to hide in the hedgerow, at some point, and scare the girls to death. We were both moving at a good clip as we entered the hedgerow. We were approximatly twenty feet from the bend when we heard the girls yell that they were coming.

This provided a distraction. Ian and I were not paying attention to what lay ahead, as we made it past the bend. We kept jogging, looking back as we ran. I looked towards the pond now maybe forty feet in front of me, and what I saw, sent complete terror down my spine.

Not fifty feet away from Ian and I, hovering over the water, was a woman in a white dress. From what I saw, her face was angelic, and she had long flowing blonde hair with a headband made of flowers. In each hand she held a lit candle, that cast off more of a glow than a normal candle can. We both came to a complete stop, paralyzed. I felt like I was in a nightmare, where I was scared to death, and my body was not responsive. I looked at Ian and he to was in the same state.

It seemed like we were in a trance that lasted forever, when I saw the image beginning to come closer now. From behind me I heard a scream, as I saw Lisa and Michelle stop directly behind me, almost colliding into Ian and I. The scream was what woke me, and I also yelled with all my might.

The lady was still coming closer, only now her face had transformed from an angel, to near demonic. A possessed look seared into the night. That was all we needed to once again gain control. I grabbed Lisa's hand and as fast as possible we ran back. I felt like the world's biggest wimp. Lisa however seemed to be giving me a pass on this one, for she to looked terrified. We all raced as fast as possible never looking back. Finally we reached the lower pond. I looked behind me and approaching the bend I saw the glow. It was still to close for comfort. So again we sprinted as fast as we possible back to the parking lot and the cars.

Please do not ask me why we did this. Ian and I both played golf, and I imagine that we both were trying to regain whatever manhood we had lost in front of the girls. We popped the back of the car open and each grabbed an iron. We walked back into the field to where we had a good vantage point of the hedgerow. Ahead, all was pitch black, like it was when we got there. No glow, no movement, only two scared teenagers in front of there even more scared girlfriends.

We took the girls home. The next morning we all met for breakfast, and we all had the exact same memory. We told friends. No one believed a thing. We went back the next night like ignorant kids do and took friends. Ian and I even went back a year later...........nothing. We went off to college. We all went separate ways.

Six years later, I receive an email from Lisa. She had married, and I had married. We had only spoken once or twice since we split. The email had the typical pleasantries of long lost friends. The attachement however was not pleasant.

Lisa had been searching this new deal we had called the internet for over a year. Online one day she had discovered an article concerning Satanic Practices, as part of the local history (believe it or not there had been gossip and stories past down from generation to generation.). There right in front of me, on the screen was an image of the exact girl we had seen. A virgin being sacrificed. Next to a pond. With a large hedgerow directly behind her. It was an artist rendering. He was a damn good artist.
© Copyright 2009 Pubhouse (seth5792 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1609789-The-Scariest-Night-Of-My-Life