*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1610217-Ferrets-and-Feet
by ACvaya
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1610217
Ferrets and footwear
Ferrets and Feet
         
    Keeper of ferrets has its moments of laughter and joy and of sadness and pain. A combination you do not think you will see together. That is what I once thought but no more as I rub the bump upon my head. You see Gweny my little girl thinks she is a giant and that all shoes belong to her.
    It doesn’t matter if you are wearing them or not. She will try to take them off your feet or drag you along until you fall or let her take them into her little hidey-hole under the desk. It is best not to resist a determined little fur child like her.
    If you do not give up her prize your calf will feel the pinch of her teeth after she has crawled up your pant leg. Her fur tickling and making you jump hoping to grab before that fateful bite. The lump my fault for trying to retrieve my footwear from under the desk and her attacking like an over protective bear. Throwing her full weight of one pound at me like a ferocious mammal and me retreating from those tiny fangs that like to draw blood.
    Yes a bump on the head for trying to re-shod my cold feet as Lance has taken off with my socks to what darkened hole I know not. Now I wish to keep James from my toes for they will not come off no matter how hard or long he tugs and nibbles at them. Bumps and teeth marks are badges of keeping springing clowns in fur. Well worth the small bits of indignity for the shows they give for only a pet, a shoe, a sock, and lots and lots of treats.

Word count 293
© Copyright 2009 ACvaya (lavaya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1610217-Ferrets-and-Feet