*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1610633-Disunion-in-America
Rated: E · Editorial · Family · #1610633
Growing disunion in America.
We see this everyday. Reminders of how alive and well hate has continued to take over the last piece of hope in America.

We are deeply concerned about one such report regarding a Black homeowner who built a home valued at nearly $500,000. here in Florida, only to find firecrackers had been installed in his fireplace by resentful contractors. It was later determined that the M-90 firework's, which were left in the man's fireplace, were of sufficient force to have maimed if not killed whomever might have lit the fireplace. Reminiscent of bombings of homes and churches of Blacks during the 1940, 50s, 60s and early 70s, we view these events as continuous reality checks for us all. I'm not taking about the March On Washington. These and all other acts of resentment have truly only begun to escalate, for many reasons outside of our control, but a new reflection on our current state of dismay.

What are Americans to do about its present state of growing disunion? It's not just one ethnic community, that needs to engage in nationwide conversations and daring dialogue on race relations, hate crimes and immigration. This is just the tip of the iceberg, but shall we suffer the fate of a fabled Titanic. So, as a state of disunion, we must begin to repair these much needed concerns, beginning in churches, civic groups, colleges and universities, hair salons, beauty shops, barber shops, street corners, Starbucks wherever America of all ethnicity's congregate. We must begin the dialogue of bonding towards hope and understanding.

But, then again we must also realize, our Old America of generations was built on morals, values and pride of our independence is slowing diminishing. Only to be replaced with a generation who has no reflection of the Declaration of our Independence of standing proud to be an American.
© Copyright 2009 Black Dove (gayleb0723 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1610633-Disunion-in-America