*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1610987-Reunited3rd-of-the-series
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1610987
Thanks for reading!
                                                                 
I have to start with the third story of my series because the first two were deleted off of my computer. if you like tell me and i will retype them :)

To know what happened in the first two books read "Changed and broken"

Please read the story titled "Character profiles" before you start on the series. It would make it a lot easier for you to understand what was going on with the characters problems. Thanks! Now here's the story

                       
                                                                Chapter One

         It has been little under a year since I have seen Adam. I do mean since I have, literally, seen him. Since we aren’t together anymore, our paths never really cross. I still miss, and think about him, everyday. It just stinks the way we ended things.
         On the bright side of things, a few good things have come out of our break up. Courtney, my long lost cousin, and I have been reunited. She has joined our little family, and even inherited my flying ability. Since Adam wasn’t around anymore, I had more time to spend with my friends. Which was a good and bad thing. I could always see my friends, which was the good part. The bad part was I could never see him.
         “So you’re coming out with me tonight. Got it?” Courtney said.
         “I don’t know. I don’t feel like going out,” I replied.
         “No you don’t! You promised me a week ago that we would get together and go out. Since I am officially eighteen and you have a fake I.D. we are going to the clubs. I even have someone I want you to meet.” she explained.
         “Please tell me you’re not trying to hook me up with some random guy. I’m not ready.” I replied.
         “Well too bad. You are going to meet him. He really wants to meet you,” she said.
         “Fine. Just let me go get dressed. So I guess I dress casual, right?” I asked.
         “Just dress your normal, preppy self.” she explained.          
         Without saying anything I walked off. This is just great. Courtney isn’t happy until she is hooking me up with a complete stranger. I wonder if she even knows the guy.
         I quickly walked into my dorm room, which is now upgraded to the fourth year level. The fourth year dorms are awesome. They each have a living room, kitchen, two bathrooms, and two bedrooms. If you are wondering why we have two bedrooms, it is because we may need them when family or friends come up to see us.
         I opened up my humongous walk-in closet, to find something to wear. Of course, this took around an hour. I have an obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to picking out clothes. I’m a gay guy. What do you expect?
         After settling for a simple tight, black shirt and a pear of jeans, I was out the door. I walked, noticing the courtyard was fairly quiet. No one was outside. It was only nine in the evening. Where was everybody? Oh well. I have better things to worry about.
         Like my mystery man. What would he be like? Would he be cool, or just one of those stereo-type gays? You know, the ones with the long hair and they talk like a girl. I didn’t want to be set up with someone like that. That’s just not my thing. Sorry to you all.
         After thinking about my “mystery man” for a while, I was at Courtney’s dorm room. She was now a third year. I know what you’re thinking. Truth is, she was advanced. Like almost at my level. She had excelled through all of her classes. She was only considered a third year to be fair. She is actually taking fourth year classes with me and my friends, and she will graduate this year, with our class.
         I knocked on the door, and after what seemed like forever, Courtney opened the door. She looked amazing. She was wearing a tight, light-blue American Eagle top, with matching jeans. She had just the right amount of make-up on. She just looked great. And that’s coming from a gay guy.
         “Ready to go?” I asked her.
         “Sure am. Just let me grab my purse.” she replied.
         She grabbed her purse, and we were out the door. We took my car. We just drove around Toronto for a while, until she says:
         “There it is!”
         She pointed, to what looked like a teen club. I hope she wasn’t hooking me up with a twelve-year-old.
         We showed our identification at the door, and, surprisingly, we got in. The club, which wasn’t a teen club after all, barely had any people. Maybe about ten. I was immediately trying to pick out my guy.
         “You can stop looking. He isn’t any of these people. He’s in the back waiting for us.” Courtney explained.
         She grabbed my hand, and led the way. She brought me into a dark room. The only light was a spot-light in the center of the room. Someone was in the center, but they were facing their back to us. I had no idea who it was.
         Courtney started leading me toward him. Very slowly and dramatically. Then we finally reached him.
         “Aaron. This is Adam,” Courtney said.
         Adam? It can’t be. Then he turned around. It was the same old Adam. The one I knew and loved. Still love.
         Before I could say any thing he said:
         “Aaron, nice to meet you,” I could tell he was playing it off for Courtney’s sake.
         Come to think of it, I never did mention Adam to Courtney. I was too depressed to ever talk about him. Plus every time his name was mentioned, I got a sharp pain in my stomach. So of course, she would think we are a perfect match. All of my friends did. Of course Adam and I thought that also. So it was unanimous. We all thought Adam and I should be together. Sometimes just because everybody agrees with something doesn’t mean it’s true.
         “Aaron? Are you okay?” he asked.
         “Yeah. I’m fine. Nice to meet you too,” I replied.
         “I guess I’ll leave you two alone to get acquainted,” Courtney said, walking out of the room.
         “So. Did she tell you it was me?” I asked Adam.
         “No. She kept it a secret. What about you?” he asked.
         “No. She just said I would really like you. And she was right,” I flashed him a sympathetic smile.
         “I miss you, sometimes,” he broke our silence.
         “You too… sometimes.” I replied.
         I didn’t want to show too much enthusiasm.
         “I see your mark is almost completely filled in,” Adam said.
         “You too. Wow. That thing is really almost completely filled!” I replied.
         “Okay. I can’t do this anymore. I am still in love with you. I never stopped. I miss you. a lot. More than I can even describe. I don’t care if you come out or not. I just want to be with you. I can’t take it. Knowing that our relationship ended because of my impatience. So please. Take me back!” Adam exploded.
         “That’s very sweet. But I have a boyfriend.” I replied.
         “Oh. I’m sorry,” Adam apologized.
         “Are you kidding? You know you’re the only guy for me.” I said, with a got-you smile.
         Adam quickly pulled me in for a kiss. It had been so long since I had kissed him. I definitely felt nostalgic.
         After our little kiss, Adam and I rode back to school with each other. I trusted Courtney to bring my car home in one piece. I had more important thinks to do. Like spend the night with my boyfriend.
         “I’m so happy your cousin meddles in our lives,” Adam said, as we entered my dorm room.
         “Same here,” I smiled.
         Adam and I went to lie down in my bed. We talked about everything that night. What we would do after we graduate from VP. Where we would live. We didn’t really talk about these things. I already knew what was going to happen. And I told Adam. So, basically, we just talked about how to accomplish these things. I loved the look on his face when we were discussing these things. It glowed, like fire works on the fourth of July. It clearly made him happy, knowing that we would have a happily-ever-after. I was so happy that I was a part of his happy-ending.
         “So. You know what I have to do. Right?” I asked Adam.
         “What’s that?” he replied.
         “Well. I have to officially come out. But there is one condition. I do it at our graduation.” I said.
         “Babe, that is fine with me. Since graduation is only a month away, I’ll be happy to wait. So how are you going to do it?” he asked.
         “I am going to be this years valedictorian. So when I am up giving my speech, I will squeeze it in there.” I explained.
         “That… sounds…. Hilarious.” He said, clearly excited that I would be out soon.
         We talked about what it would be like for me to come out. About all the bigots. The gay bashers and everything else. Eventually we literally talked ourselves to sleep.
         I awoke with Adam’s arm around my stomach. I missed that feeling. I guess it was a feeling of security. Knowing that he was always there.
         “Good morning!” he yelled, thinking he woke me up.
         “Morning sexy,” I joked. Well I am not joking about the sexy part. That is definitely true.
         “So what do you want to do today?” he asked me.
         “How about school. We are fourth years now. We can’t miss a lot of school,” I explained.
         “Uhm. Hello. Exactly. We are fourth years now. Which means we have worked hard enough to deserve a little break. Come on what do you say?” he asked me.
         “Well I guess one day wouldn’t hurt. What do you want to do?” I replied.
         “How about we just go for a little walk?” he asked.
         “That sounds perfect.” I grinned.
         Adam and I got dressed and left my dorm room, and headed toward the park. On the way there we had a little visitor.
         “Well. We meet again. You still remember me right?” I mysterious voice asked.
         I turned around to see something I hadn’t seen for two years. It was a humanity sucker. It looked the same it did, when I fought it two years ago. Tall, and dressed in nothing but black. You never could make out it’s face. Put it this way. It looked exactly like the Grim Reaper. Well except for scythe.
         It put it’s hand out toward Adam and shouted:
         “Drop!”
         Adam fell to his knees. He was, frantically, holding his stomach. What did that thing do to him? This was not good. 
         “What did you do to me?!” Adam screamed.
         The creature said nothing. It just stood there.
         I pointed my hand out.
         “Leave us be!” nothing happened. That thing just laughed.
         “It’s not going to work. Nothing you can do will possibly work!” it shouted. Then it put a curse on me and I fell to the ground. Then as the beast was coming to finish us off, someone surprised us.
         “Be gone!” Courtney screamed. This time it actually worked. That thing was gone. Thank God.
         Courtney quickly ran over to us.
         “Are you guys ok?” she yelled frantically.
         I felt fine, now. It was like nothing even happened.
         “We’re fine. But how did you do that? I thought that power was unable to be inherited. How did you? When did you?” I trailed off.
         “Well Aaron. I discovered that I had all your powers about two weeks ago. I talked to Bella and she said I could inherit your abilities because we are family. So our connection is stronger than any other one you could think of.” she explained.
         Okay. So the unthinkable has happened. My cousin had defied all odds, and inherited every single power that I had. Great. Really. Now I’m not the strongest person alive. We are even.
         “Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked.
         “Bella thought it would be best to keep it to myself. She said she didn’t want you to slack off just because we are even.” she replied.
         “Wow.” Adam and I said together.
         “On a brighter note. I see you two are still together,” she broke our awkward silence.
         “Yeah. We have a confession to make. We had been dating for a while before you ‘introduced’ us.” Adam explained, showing his famous grin.
         “Oh. Well still. I reunited my best friends.” she said.
         Man I thought she would be upset. She was even happier now that she knew the truth. Oh well. What ever works for her. Guess everything does happen for the best.




                                                                  Chapter Two
         Adam and I left our little conflict behind, and went to the park for our walk. I couldn’t wait to just be alone with him again. Something about the feeling I got when I was with him. Just the two of us. It made me feel… I don’t know. Complete I guess. Like everything in my life was exactly like it should be.
         “I would ask what you’re thinking about, but I already know. And just to let you know, you make me feel complete, too.” Adam said.
         Over the years, I had gained another ability. I don’t know why, but I now have the ability to tell when people are tampering with my mind. Adam doesn’t know about this ability yet. I like him to think I’m completely clueless to what he’s doing. Even if I’m not.
         Adam and I walked through the park for, what felt like, hours. Everything was fine. Then something happened that scarred the hell out of me. Adam dropped to his knees, screaming. I crouched down beside him, and he was bleeding horribly from his mark. What was going on? Was he dying? Then suddenly all the screaming stopped. He just rose to his feet.
         Adam looked like nothing had even happened. Then I looked to his left cheek. His mark was gone! How could that happen? I didn’t even know that was possible. Had he gone human?
         “Adam! Your mark! It’s… It’s… gone!” I shouted.
         “Quit yelling,” he smiled. “My mark isn’t gone. It just transferred sides,” he explained, pointing to the new mark on his right cheek.
         It was amazing. His mark had carried itself over to the right side of his cheek. When his mark changed, it looked completely different. His mark, before, was two, black, boy symbols hooked together. Now it was two symbols joined together. As in one circle, with two arrows coming out of it.
         “Wow. What does that mean?” I asked, handing him a mirror.
         He was completely astounded. Then after some thinking time he said:
         “I know. Before my mark was just to symbols hooked together. Meaning that I was with someone but now I have completely joined with someone. You,” he explained.
         After that little learning session, Adam and I walked back to the dorms. I couldn’t stop staring at his mark. Then I noticed. The color had changed. earlier it was black. Now it was a complete rainbow. You know red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. And it was completely filled in. which could only mean one thing. He was a…
         “You’re a complete vampire!” I shouted.
         “Wow. Now that you mention it, I do feel different,” he explained.
         As soon as we got back to school, it was straight to Bella’s office. I was hoping that Adam had not completed the change. If he did, that means he would be evicted from VP. There job with him would be done. Not to sound selfish, but I want him here with me! We just got back together. He couldn’t leave already. It wasn’t time for that.
         “Are you ready?” he asked, about to knock on Bella’s door.
         “Ready as I’ll ever be,” I replied.
         With that, he knocked on the door. After a few minutes Bella came to the door. She looked amazing. That’s coming from a gay guy, so you know she was hot. She said nothing. She just covered her mouth.
         “Oh no! Something went wrong, didn’t it?” Adam became frantic.
         “No child! You are a full vampire!” he words confirmed my fears.
         “So that means… he has to leave,” I asked.          
         “Not necessarily. Adam does have to leave… eventually.”
         “What do you mean?” I asked.
         “Well… it’s true that Adam does have to leave. But only after he’s ready. We never just kick a child out to fend for themselves. Adam can’t live here forever. But he does have one year to get everything together. After that year he has to leave. And that’s only because we have more new students coming in everyday. Well not everyday. But you get my point.” Bella explained.
         “Really?” me and Adam said together.
         “Really,” she assured.
         This is perfect. But one thing still worried me. When we first showed up at Bella’s home, she looked really freaked out. So I decided to confront her about it.
         “Bella. I have a question,” I said.
         “Sure. What is it?” she asked.
         “Well, when a normal vampire becomes complete, their mark is usually one color. The most I have ever seen was two. But Adam, you have six different colors!” she explained.
         “Wow. That is pretty… amazing.” Adam said.
         With that, we were off. This was amazing. I had a vampire for a boyfriend. Plus, he was amazing. And cute, and smart, and funny, and everything else about him. He is perfect. I really couldn’t think of anything wrong with him.  Now that I think about it, there, literally, was nothing wrong with him. To me at least.
         “So. I’m dating a full vampire now?” I joked with Adam.
         “Only the best in the universe,” he joked back.
         “Somebody is full of themselves,” I grinned.
         “You’re not full of yourself if it is he truth.” he replied.
         “Well then. I know it sounds a little early for this, but we need to look for a house together. Like Bella said. You only have one year left here.” I became serious.
         “How about me and you go house shopping tomorrow?” he asked.
         “Really?!” I became ecstatic. There was something about buying a house with Adam that made our whole relationship feel so real.
         “Of course. You didn’t think I’d pick one without you, did you?” he said, seriously.          
         “I don’t know. I guess I just wasn’t expecting it.” I replied.
         “Well. There is something else about tonight that will surprise you. I wanted to wait for it to be special, but I think tonight is special enough.”
         Adam bent down on one knee. He pulled a box out of his pocket. Then he opened it, and the ring was beautiful. I wasn’t prepared for what happened next.
         “Aaron Dane Lastrapes. I love you more than life itself. I want to spend the rest of eternity by your side. So I pray that you will accept this invitation. Aaron will you marry me?” he asked.
         I then became unconscious. I awoke in Adam’s dorm room. Adam wasn’t there. But Ariel was. She was putting a wet rag on my forehead.
         “Good morning,” she said, sarcastically.
         “Where is Adam? I have to answer his question!” I said, not wanting Ariel to know until it was official.
         Adam then walked into the room. He looked amazing. He was wearing my khaki Aeropostale pants, with a white Hollister shirt. When he realized I was awake he just stared at me.
         “Yes. Yes, Adam. I will marry you!” I screamed, running up to him.
         He wrapped me into a bear hug. I could feel his tears falling down. He squeezed me so tight I thought I would explode.
         “I am so happy for you two!” Ariel yelped.
         “Me too!” four familiar voices hollered.
         From the shadows, Andrew, Sara, Kelsey, and Kyle appeared. They all had little party hats on. Andrew even had kazoo in his mouth. So that hinted me in. Adam had, clearly, told everybody that he proposed to me. I wanted it to be a surprise. Oh well.
         “So when’s the wedding?” Sara asked.
         Before I could answer her question, there was a knock on the door. I went to go see who it was. Courtney was standing there, all dressed up.
         “Aw man. You woke up. I wanted to see you say yes.” Courtney said.
         “Yes. What a shame. Turns out I’m not in a coma. And I already said yes. We were just celebrating.” I explained.
         Courtney walked in and joined the group. When everybody else was busy talking, I grabbed Adam, and rushed him to talk about our wedding. We even set a date. Today was the 11th of May. We decided to do the wedding on May the 14th. Yes it is very short notice. But we really can’t wait.
         Then after the party was over, Adam and I went to bed. Then the next morning, we call the family. It was hard telling my parents I was marrying a guy, but it had to be done. The phone rang like twice before my mom answered.
         “Hello?” she said, not remembering the number.
         “Hey mom. It’s Aaron.” I said.
         “Oh. Hey baby. What’s up?” she asked.
         “Actually, I had wanted to invite you to a little party. Well not a party. More like a celebration. Me and Adam are getting married,” I explained.
         She said nothing. I knew she didn’t hang up, because I could still hear breathing into the phone. Then she finally said something.
         “That’s great! I am so happy for you. So when’s the wedding?” she asked.
         “In two days,” I replied.
         “Okay. I’ll be there. So I’ll just meet you at your school one day before the wedding.” she explained.
         “That’s great. Okay mom. I have to go call more people and tell    them about the wedding. Can’t wait to see you!” I yelled into the phone.
         Adam had just hung up with his parents, also. He had a sad puppy dog look on his face. This could only mean bad news. The beginning of a war was about to kick off!
         “What’s wrong?” I asked.
         “It’s my parents. They’re not coming,” he explained.
         “Why not?” I asked.
         “They said what we’re doing isn’t right. They say it isn’t recognized by the union or something.” he told me.
         Then he broke down. It made me so upset to see him cry. Especially at what was supposed to be such a special time in our lives. It also made me realize what kind of life Adam had. His whole life, his parents gave him money, not love. They basically tried to buy him as a son. That made me very upset. So I broke down right on side of him.
         I kept rubbing his back and telling him everything would be okay. Even though I wasn’t sure if it would be. I’m sorry, but his parents made me sick, and I haven’t even met them yet. Looks like I would never get the chance too, either.
         “I’m so sorry. You do not deserve this.” I said.          
         “Well at least one good thing came out this. Now I know I have a family who accepts me,” he said, kissing my hand.
         Even I knew he was talking about my family. They didn’t completely understand, but they were getting there. Unlike Adam’s parents, they cared about what happened to me, and surprisingly to Adam, also. It made me feel good that I could give Adam the family he has always wanted.
         “Me too. I’m glad that you’ll be my newest family member,” that’s when it hit me. Two years I thought I was as straight as a board. Now, I am two days away from having a husband. Wow! Oh well. I was happier than ever.
         Through calling everyone, Adam and I barely got to see each other before it was time for the wedding.
         I know what your thinking. How are they going to have a wedding when Aaron is so deep in the closet? Right? Well we decided to only invite my family, since none of Adam’s relatives would be there.




                                                                      Chapter Three

         The day that we had waited so long for was finally here. It was May the 14th. The first day of our happily-ever-after. Adam and I slept in our respective dorm rooms, to keep the whole don’t-see-each-other-on-the-wedding-day thing intact. We were both very traditional for the wedding, which is very surprising for two gay guys. I even wore something new, old, borrowed, and blue. I wanted this to go off without a hitch. If I had to give an arm and a leg, I would.
         After getting dressed into my monkey suit, I was off to the alter. We had managed to reserve one of the biggest churches in Toronto. I bet you’re probably wondering ‘they are to young to be able to make all these reservations and everything’ right? Well whenever we are taken to VP we automatically emancipated. Which means we are basically adults right now.          
         Anyway. The limo came around to pick me up. I know right? A limo! Anyway. The ride to the church was pure agony. I wasn’t having second thoughts, or anything, I was just really nervous. In fifteen minutes, my life would change, dramatically. I was ready for it, but it all hit me at once.
         The limo rolled into the church parking lot. I felt like I was going to be sick. It’s all going to be okay. He’s a really great guy, I kept telling myself. Then it was three o’clock. Time for a very gay wedding.
         I walked into the church, to be greeted by Ariel. She was my best man, or best woman or whatever. I wanted her to “give me away”. She hooked her arm through mine, like we were off to see the Wizard Of Oz. When I was walking down the aisle, I saw the most perfect setup ever.
         There were angels hanging from the ceiling. Real, human, angels. The entire room was white. Then I looked to the alter. Adam was there, with Kyle. Ariel walked me to Adam, then went to go stand with Kyle. My other four friends right next to them.          
         I would tell you what the priest said, but I don’t actually remember what he said. All I remember are the vows Adam and I wrote.
         “Aaron. You are the one person in this world, who I would give up my life just to see smile. Every night, before I go to bed I can’t wait to wake up, just to see your face. So with this ring I promise to never stop looking forward to waking up,” Adam said as he slid the ring on my finger.
         “Adam. I don’t really know what else to say. You got all the good lines. Kidding. I love you with all my heart and soul. With this ring, I promise to always be there when you wake up,” I said as I slid the ring onto his finger.
         “I know pronounce you… husband and husband? You may kiss the husband?” I could tell the priest was feeling uncomfortable.
         Adam, quickly, pulled me in to kiss me. When he did, I heard a huge gasp. Who could be gasping? Everyone here knew we were a gay couple. Then Adam broke the kiss, and looked down from the stage.
         “Mom. Dad.” he said slowly.
         Mom? Dad? Is this for real? I thought they weren’t coming. Even if they were, they knew we were a gay couple. Why did they gasp?
         After the wedding I went down to meet Adam’s horr-- I mean parents. They just gave me some really horrible looks. Like I was stealing their son away from them. I could clearly tell that they weren’t very fond of me already.
         “Nice to meet you,” I put my hand out to shake Adam’s fathers hand.
         “You don’t seriously expect him to touch your hand, do you?” Adam’s mom said, ignoranty.
         “Excuse me?” I asked.
         “You heard me. Listen. I have no idea why we even bothered to come to the wedding of two fags. I guess we wanted to be here for our son. But what your doing isn’t right. It isn’t a union recognized by the church,” she explained.
         “Excuse me?” I repeated. “Number one. Don’t you dare come to me and my husbands wedding, and insult us both like that. Got it?” she rolled her eyes. “Number two. The country of Canada does recognize our union, hence the big church. God. I have no clue where Adam got his smarts from. Because it sure wasn’t you, lady,” I said.
         “Listen up you queer,” his dad began.
         “No. You listen up. What would poses you to come to your sons wedding, and insult him like that? Really do you even think about what you do? Before you do it? You seem to forget he’s your own blood, but that doesn’t matter, right? He’s a fag, so he’s not worthy of being your son? That’s a load of bull.” my mom stood up for us.
         “Excuse me. Mrs. But what right do you have on entering this conversation?” his mom asked.
         “Aaron is my son. And if you ever insult him like that again you’ll answer to me. Got that?” she replied.
         Adam’s parents went silent. They just stood there. Motionless. I was even shocked. Last time I talked to my mom, she had not approved of me and Adam’s relationship. Now she was sticking up for it. Wow.
         “I’m sorry I even invited you,” Adam managed to say.
         “We’re sorry we made so many mistakes when we were raising you,” Adam’s dad replied.
         “Yeah. You did make a mistake when raising me. After I accepted my being gay, you made me feel like there was something wrong with me. Like I had some disease. You even sent me to a camp for the ‘hetero challenged’. What kind of parents are you?” Adam was clearly getting upset.
         Adam’s mother opened her mouth to give an argument, but I stopped her.
         “Stop right there. I would love to argue with you people further, but me and my husband have a honeymoon to get to. So please get out of my way, before I get you out,” I said.
         “What’s a little homo gonna do?” Adam’s father said.
         I snapped. I raised my hand, and pushed forward. With that, Adam’s dad went flying. He hit the back of the church, and caused a big hole to form.
         “That’s what a little homo can do!” I screamed. Usually I liked being called a little homo. Well not literally. That was the newest nickname Ariel had given me. So I liked it. Just not when it’s an insult.
         Adam, sensing my anger, grabbed my shoulders, and led me to the way out. It’s a good thing he did. When we passed his father I winked at him.
         “Sorry. I didn’t get a chance to introduce myself. I am Aaron Dane Lastrapes. It has been very nice to make your acquaintance,” I grinned in anger.
         Adam and I ran to the limo, and jumped in. He didn’t even seem to be upset. As a matter-of-fact he looked pretty giggly.
         “What’s so funny,” I started laughing with him.
         “I’ve never seen anyone stand up to my parents like that. Thanks Aaron. You’re the best.” I could see that I really made him happy just now. I didn’t want to brag on myself, but the only reason I stood up to them was for Adam, not because they offended me. But now was not the time to boast on my efforts.
         “I thought you’d be mad.” I admitted.
         “Why? Because you stood up to my parents?” I nodded my head. “Aaron Dane Lastrapes. This is the proudest I have ever been of you. I couldn’t be mad. They insulted you. You had every right--”
         “I did it for you,” I cut him off.
         “What?”
         “Discrimination doesn’t bother me. Hey I’m gay. I have plenty more coming. I just didn’t like the fact that they were discriminatory towards you,” I said.
         “Aaron…” I was bracing myself for him to call me out. I thought he would think I was lying. “That has got to be the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me.




                                                                    Chapter Four


         Me and Adam’s honeymoon was perfect. We decided to fly all the way to Hawaii. I know. It is a huge cliché, but that’s where we went. It was the most romantic get away, until we were interrupted…

                                                                            ***
         Back in the limo, Adam and I rode back to VP to get our things. I know. We should have already did that. Well we didn’t. Get over it. We got caught up in the moment for the wedding and forgot about everything afterward.
         After gathering our things, Adam and I decided to ditch the limo. It would be much more romantic to fly to our honeymoon.
         Flying hand and hand with Adam halfway across the world was the most romantic thing we had ever done together. When we got there we went to go check into a hotel. We decided to stay in one of those big hotels with the fancy name that you can never remember.
         The hotel was huge. Our bedroom was perfect. It had a living room, kitchen, bedroom, and a perfect view of the beach below. Right away, me and Adam went for a romantic walk on the beach. It was midnight, so not very many people at the beach. Except for the occasional, romantic couple “sleeping” on the beach.
         “Aaron.”
         I looked at him, but he didn’t say anything. He just stared, blankly, behind me. So I decided to turn around.
         There was a huge green light coming down from the sky. It looked exactly like those tractor beams that you see in all the movies when the aliens abduct people. Then I noticed a swarm of humanity suckers coming from the water. Only they weren’t swimming. They were hovering just above the water.
         They were coming in boat loads. I knew Adam and I couldn’t fight them all off so I just whispered to him:
         “Run.”
         With that, we were off. I didn’t know I, or him, could run that fast. Really it was impossible for us to run that fast. So we had, obviously, gotten a new gift. The ability of super speed. Talk about handy.
         Adam and I discovered a small forest-type area. It would be perfect to hide. We ducked down into the bushes, and watched the slaughter-fest with horror. I hated watching people die.
         Then my worst nightmare happened. A little kid, who must have been around thirteen years old, was approached by a humanity sucker. Then, right before our eyes he was killed. That set me off.
         When the creature was gone, I emerged from the bushes and put my hands over the boy. I screamed at the top of my lungs:          
         “REVIVE!!!”
         The boy started coming to. I remembered that he looked strangely familiar. I didn’t have time to take notes. I cradled the boy in my arms, and made my way back to Adam. I didn’t make it in time.
         A humanity sucker got to us. When the creature put his arm out, Adam jumped in front. He was killed. I don’t know how. I just remembered he didn’t have a pulse. I ran to the creature.
         “You have all caused enough mayhem. Go back to where you all came from!” I yelled.
         All of the creatures disappeared. I turned my back to go revive Adam. When I looked, the little boy had his arms over Adam and he screamed.
         “Revive!” he had a squeaky voice. He was obviously a young kid.
         I thought the kid was crazy, honestly. How could he think that he could revive Adam? He was only a little human boy.          
         I continued wondering about the kid for another second. Then right before my eyes, Adam rose to his feet. How did that happen? Was that possible? A human inherited my gift in under one minute? I made a mental note to ask Bella about that.
         After everything was over, I looked down at the kid I had just rescued. He was crying.
         “What’s wrong, babe?” I asked the boy.
         “My… my… my…” he couldn’t choke it out.
         “Yes? Your what?” Adam said.          
         “My parents… they were killed. As soon as it happened I ran out here. That’s when you found me,” he explained.
         I, instantly, felt sorry for the kid. He watched his parents die before his eyes. I wanted to revive them for him, but I knew it was too late. I have to do it when the person has just been killed. His parents had to be out for minutes.
         “I’m so sorry,” I said.
         “I have an idea. How about you come to live with me and Aaron In Canada. What do you say?” Adam asked. Before I could think about what he said the kid got really excited. I couldn’t break his heart.
         “Really? I could come to live with you? That would be great,” he exclaimed.
         “By the way. What’s your name kid?” I asked.
         “Luke… Luke McAlister.” he explained.
         Luke? Are you serious? This is the kid that I saw in my vision. I had visions about how Adam and I adopted a boy named Luke. It all came back to me now. Luke was one of the children we adopted. So is this really how we met? Under these circumstances?
         “So Luke. Would you like to come back to Canada with me and my husband?” Adam repeated.
         “Wait… you guys are together? Like together together?” oh no. Would he disapprove? Maybe he wouldn’t like us anymore.
         “That’s amazing. I was raised to believe that being gay was wrong, but I always disagreed with my parents’ beliefs about that.” Luke explained.
         Adam and I blew a sigh of relief. Then the three of us went to the hotel to gather our things and headed back to VP. I remember getting another shock right before we took off.
         “Okay, buddy. Just grab my hand and we’ll take you to your new life.” Adam extended his hand.
         “That’s not necessary.” Luke started to float. What?! The boy could fly, too? Next your going to tell me he can read minds.          
         “I sure can,” he grinned at me.
         I smirked at him, and we all flew back to VP hand-in-hand.
         Even though our honeymoon was cut short, it was worth it. I mean I got to meet my son! This was the kid that me and Adam were going to adopt. I wonder if he could actually live with us at VP, or if he would have to be placed into a home until Adam and I left. Hopefully Bella would understand.
         “Ah children. Your home from your ‘vacation’.” Bella knew it wasn’t a vacation. She knew we were out on our honeymoon, but she was all for keeping the secret.
         “Yes ma’am. But Bella… we have someone we want you to meet,” Adam explained, as Luke came from behind my leg.
         Her eyes got really wide. “Who is this?” she asked in a motherly voice.
         “Bella, this is Luke. He’s our son,” I explained.          
         After telling Bella the whole story about how we met Luke and how I had visions of him being our son, she really understood why we brought him back.
         “So. Is it okay for Luke to live with us here at VP?” I asked Bella.
         “Well… usually I wouldn’t allow it. But since this boy-- I mean Luke-- has such a strong connection with you, I’ll allow him to stay. But there is one condition.” she explained.
         “And that would be?” Adam asked.
         “Aaron. On your eighteenth birthday, you must file for adoption rights to Luke,” she said.
         “I will,” I had already planned to adopt him, but I didn’t want Bella to know that.
         “Okay. If that is all, you may go. I’m sure your friends are eager to see you three. Which reminds me. There is another condition.” I never expected this next one.
         “Which is?” Adam repeated.
         “Luke has to make the change. He must become one of us.”
         “Uhm. Bella. That reminds me. Back in Hawaii, Luke inherited all of my powers in five minutes. Could you tell me anything about that?” I asked.
         She smiled. “I knew it,” she walked over to Luke and bent down so that she was at eye level with him. She licked her finger and rubbed it across his face.
         “Ah. Just as I expected. Adam. Aaron. Your son is already a complete vampire. He has been concealing his mark with a special concealer.” she explained.
         What? My son was a vampire before I was? How? He was only thirteen. Or twelve. I don’t know. I haven’t asked about his age yet. No wonder he already inherited my abilities.
         “Why didn’t you tell us?” I asked him.
         “I was afraid you wouldn’t want me anymore. I thought you wanted a human child.” he replied. I saw the tears start to come from his eyes. “I was marked back when I was nine. Back in my home we didn’t have any vampire schools so I just learned everything on my own.”
         I gestured for Bella to move so that I could take a knee in front of Luke.
         “Buddy. Why wouldn’t we want you, just because you’re a vampire. Adam is already one. I’m about a month away from being one myself. We don’t discriminate. Especially against the ones of our kind.” I explained.
         “You mean it?” he asked.
         “Of course.” I said, wrapping Luke in a bear hug.
         “Well Luke. You know that you will have to take one year of classes if you are going to stay here. They will be fourth year courses, though,” Bella interrupted our moment.
         “So, I get to take classes with my new dad?” he asked.
         That was when I started crying. I had always wanted a child. Even if I was only seventeen. Then when he called me dad, it made it all so… so… real.
         Chapter Five
         Adam, Luke, and I all walked back to the dorm. We decided that, since we had a child now, that we would share a room. Permanently. On the way there we ran into Ariel, and Kyle.
         “Hey guys. Who is the kid?” Ariel asked.
         “Ariel this is Luke. Luke this is Ariel. Luke is me and Adam’s son.” I explained.
         “Wait. Did I hear that right? You have a son now?” Ariel looked happy.
         “Yes. And Ariel. After talking it over, we decided that you should be the god-mother. If something happens to me and Aaron, I couldn’t think of anyone better equipped to take care of Luke,” Adam said.
         “I agree. You would make a great mom.” I said.
         “I’m honored. Luke, I would love to be your god-mother,” she said, wrapping Luke in a hug.
         “Wow. Dad and… dad. You have really great friends. I can’t wait to meet the rest of them.” Luke admitted.
         After talking to Ariel, I wanted to bring Luke to meet the rest of the gang. The first step was to Courtney’s room. I knocked on the door and was fairly shocked.
         “Luke! It is so nice to finally meet Aaron’s son!” she screamed.
         “Courtney. How did you know his name, or that he was my son?” I asked.
         “I’ve been having visions. There is only one thing I don’t know about. Yet. Where did you meet him?” she asked me.
         “That’s a story for another day,” I said, giving her a let’s-not-talk-about-this-in-front-of-him look.
         “Daddy. It’s okay. You can tell her.” Luke smiled up at me.
         I explained everything that happened in Hawaii. Every time I went deeper into the story Courtney’s eyes got bigger and bigger.
         “You poor baby,” Courtney stroked Luke’s hair.
         Luke couldn’t fool me. I could clearly tell that he was loving all of the attention he was getting from our friends. Especially Courtney.
         “Okay Luke. Now we are going to meet Andrew, Sara, and Kelsey.” I said.
         “Can I come? I have got to get out of this dorm,” Courtney pleaded.
         “Sure,” Adam said.
         We were off. Luke was very wide-eyed during the whole tour of the school. I figured I would show him where his classes were, since they were really close to Andrew, Sara, and Kelsey’s dorm room, even though he had the schedule as me anyway.
         After our little VP tour, we all went to Andrew, Sara, and Kelsey’s dorm room. They answered the door with the same expression as everyone else. Shocked. Andrew even offended my kid.
         “Who the hell is this?” he asked in his own-- what’s the word-- way. When he says things like that, it’s usually just a joke. Well, Luke took it the wrong way.
         Luke started crying, and ran back to our dorm. I started to chase after him, but Adam grabbed me and said: “I got him.”
         “Let me repeat myself. Who the hell was that?” Andrew asked, again.          
         “That was my son.” I watched their faces break into more shock. “And I’m pretty sure you just scarred the crap out of him. He is already sensitive enough after the death of his parents, now Andrew, you nearly make him feel like he doesn’t even belong here with us,” I explained.
         “Aaron. You have to know. I was only joking--”
         “Save it. I have to go find my son,” I cut Andrew off, beginning to run after Luke.
         I had felt bad about what I said to Andrew. After all, he was just kidding around. But I had already gotten so close to this child. I didn’t want to ever see him cry again after Hawaii, yet I failed on the first night home.
         After running for a minute or so, I found Luke and Adam, sitting in the courtyard. Luke was balling. I slowly approached them.          
         “Hey buddy. What’s up?” I asked Luke.
         “Daddy! Your friends don’t like me!” he screamed quietly.
         “Are you kidding? Number one all of my friends love you. That’s just Andrew kidding around. Trust me. You’ll get used to it. Number two is that why you ran off? Because they didn’t like you?” I asked.
         “Yes. Because I was afraid that you wouldn’t want me anymore if your friends didn’t like me.” man it was hard to remember this kid was thirteen. He got so upset over little things, like a baby. Not to insult him though. I love him with all my heart.
         “Luke don’t you see? You’re my son. I can’t just go trade you in. Even if I could, I wouldn’t. I look forward to gaining a life with you. And your other father,” I smirked up at Adam.
         “Both of your daddy’s really care about you,” Adam explained.
         “Listen to daddy number two. He is very smart,” I winked at them both.
         “Okay. Can we go back. I want to really meet them this time,” Luke asked.
         “Sure bud.” I had completely forgot that I left Courtney at the dorm room. Oh well. She’d get over it.
         When we got back to their dorm everyone was still standing outside. They just stared blankly into space.
         “Aaron. I’m sorry--”
         “It’s okay. I shouldn’t have blown up,” I cut Andrew off.
         “Now. We can begin where we left off. Sara, Andrew, Kelsey this is Luke. He is our… well he is our son,” Adam explained.
         Luke shook all of their hands, and made a really good effort to show everyone he wasn’t mad at them. He handled the situation better than I did. I’m not saying I would have thrown a fit, but I would still be mad.
         “Luke. It is very nice to meet you. I believe I owe you a very big apology--”
         “It’s okay,” Luke cut Andrew off. “I over reacted. I need to learn how to deal with my disability--”
         “Whoa! What disability?” I asked him.
         “Well how do I explain it? I don’t handle situations very well. My parents brought me to a doctor to get it checked out. He gave us some name that I couldn’t pronounce, much less remember. Ever since then I always get really emotional when it comes to disapproval,” Luke explained.
         Wow. I couldn’t believe what this kid has gone through. He finds out he has a disability, losses his parents, then is “disapproved” of around my friends. The last two all happened in one night.

                                                                                THE END


Please read book four!
© Copyright 2009 Majorgay14 (majorgay14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1610987-Reunited3rd-of-the-series