*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1611310-Shades-of-Sentience-Short-Story-Comp
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #1611310
A speculative fiction short story competition!
Shades of Sentience Short Story Competition
www.sentientonline.net

In order to celebrate the upcoming launch of the new website Shades of Sentience, we are launching our first annual short story competition. People of all ages and experience are encouraged to apply, and we are open to entrants all around the world.

Theme

Speculative Fiction. This can include horror, fantasy, science fiction and anything in between. We are looking for unsual ideas and approaches, the stranger the better!

Maximum 3000 words, minimum 1000 words.

Prizes

1st Prize - $150 AU
2nd Prize - $50 AU
3rd Prize - $25 AU

All winners will also have their work published on the Shades of Sentience website.

Competition closes November 30th 2009.
Winners will be announced December 30th 2009.

Conditions of Entry

The entry fee is $5.00. No entry form is required. Only one story may be submitted per person. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

Entries should be typed, double spaced and saved in .doc or .rtf format, or printed onto A4 paper. Each page should include the story title in a header, but to ensure anonymity the authors name should not appear anywhere on the document. A separate cover page should state your name, the title and word count of the story, as well as valid contact details.

Entries must be the author’s original work, must not have won a cash prize in any other competition, must not have been published in any paid publication and must not have been concurrently submitted to any other competition.

Copyright will remain with the author. Shades of Sentience will publish winning entries on the website, but will retain no other rights beyond this once off publication. If enough stories of quality are received, we may offer the chance to be published in an anthology, at no cost to the authors and with a percentage of royalties offered, but only with their written permission.

If you would like to be notified of the results, provide a valid email address or include a stamped self-addressed envelope with your entry.

Money orders to be made payable to Shades of Sentience (do not abbreviate). Paypal payments can be made to competitions@sentientonline.net Send entries by email to competitions@sentientonline.net or by post to Shades of Sentience Short Story Competition, 1 Picasso Street, Carina QLD 4152 Australia.

For more info visit

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=138727285916&ref=mf

or the Short Story Comp page of the official site www.sentientonline.net
© Copyright 2009 Lathana (fodwocket at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1611310-Shades-of-Sentience-Short-Story-Comp