*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1611607-A-Princess-in-my-Tent
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ang
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · History · #1611607
Medieval story I wrote after watching A Knight's Tale and then Sleeping Beauty.
Prologue

         In a far away kingdom there lived a young, beautiful, princess and a young, peasant boy that worked in the castle and played with the princess.The young boy had dreams of being a great man. Not some poor peasant like his family. As the two grew older, a strong bond formed, and it was much more than a simple friendship, though neither of them adressed the issue. When the young princess turned sixteen, her parents told her of her marriage. It was already arranged, and as a way to protect her, they locked her away in a tall tower and put a spell on her. She did not want to be married. Her parents would not hear it though. So they left her in tears in the tall tower, where she was forced to wait for her betrothed to come and get her. Someone seemed to hear her cries though.
         A good fairy came upon the window to the tower and found the crying princess. The good little fairy needed a place to hide. Curious by nature, the fairy asked why the princess was crying, and princess explained the entire story. The fairy offered to put the princess under a spell that would allow her to be with her true love, while the princess allowed her to hide for a day or two. The princess agreed to the trade and was put under a spell. What was the spell you ask? She would sleep until true love's first kiss.
         } And the boy you ask? When he heard the plans of the king and queen being gossiped about the castle, he felt his heart break. He would never see his love again, and so he went on with his life, trying to find ways to make his dreams. Hoping one day he will be with his love again


~~~



         Adrian Kloudier stood over the sleeping form of Princess Lizabeth Linwellyn of Fantasia. He remembered hearing the news that the prince of Heartland found her in a deep sleep, unable to awake, which meant that the prince could not marry her. There had been hope for the first two years that she would wake, but the prince could not wait so long. He had to marry and produce heirs, and so he did. The marriage gave no hope to the king and queen of Fantasia, for it only meant that their daughter still did not wake. So here Adrian was, four years later at the age of 22, hoping he could wake the princess. He sat down on the bed and brushed a hand along her cheek for a moment. She was beautiful, it was almost as if she had not aged over the four years that they were apart. How he missed her. His large hand gently gripped her shoulder and he shook her. "Lady Lizabeth..." He said gently, hoping to rouse her, but it was a futile attempt. He sat there, just watching her chest rise and fall as she slept. He didn't know what to do. He just didn't know, and it angered him so.
          He glanced out the window. He was no knight, and he knew that there was no way that he could joust in Fantasia as he wished to, not so long as the king and queen knew who he was. He had an old friend writing fake papers of nobility for him though, and another helping. He would joust, just not in Fantasia. He frowned when he saw a soft glimmer of light in the window. He stood and walked over to find a little fairy sitting on the window ledge. "Well hello there." He said gently as he studied the spry, sparkling pink fairy.
          The little fair smiled and waved before looking to the princess then back to Adrian. "You're the one aren't you?"
          His dark eyebrows knitted together in confusion."What do you mean?"
          The little sparkling fairy gave a little giggle and pointed to the princess. "Her true love." She said as her wings fluttered and she floated up to face level with Adrian. "True love's first kiss breaks the sleep she is under." She fluttered past Adrian and hovered over the princess, smiling gently. "Give her a kiss, and she shall wake." She answered before she zipped past Adrian and out the window.
          "Wait." He said poking his head out the window to watcher her flicker off in the distance. He frowned and looked to Lizabeth. He knew fairies were notorious for being mischievous and troublesome, but he wasn't sure if the fairy had been telling the truth. He studied the slumbering princess for a long time before he slowly walked over to her and sat down on the bed next to her. He fingered some of the fiery red hair that laid on her pillow. He studied her soft face for a minute, studying the pixie-like pictures before he finally leant down and brushed a soft kiss across her soft, supple lips. He sat up, and waited for her to wake.


          Green eyes fluttered open to a blurry world and someone sitting over. Lizabeth blinked her eyes a couple of times before she looked back up to the figure leaning over her. Brooding blue eyes stared down at her intensly by a face curtained by somewhat long black hair. She stared at him for a long time confused as she studied the sharp hawk-like features. "A-adrian?" She asked softly as she stared up at him.
© Copyright 2009 Ang (angie1990 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1611607-A-Princess-in-my-Tent