*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1612524-Warrior-Of-Romeunfinished
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Action/Adventure · #1612524
a young boy from a rich family wants to make his own life by becoming a warrior of rome.
A crisp cool summer breeze on a day of July. All the children are playing in the wheat fields. But for one boy, his whole life was about to change.

“Maximus, Come on home now.” Cried out the boy’s mother.

“Yes mum, I’m coming” shouted the little boy. As the little boy started to run back through the fields towards the town, he caught a glimpse out the corner of his eye. He stopped and gasped, looking on just a few fields over, an army as far as the eye could see.

“Wow, mother look, look at that!” the boy shouted with excitement.

“Come on Maximus, get a move on. Your father will be home soon”. His mother shouted to him in a hurry.

“Yes but mother look how great they look.” Maximus shouted.

He had this amazing feeling come over him that made him tingle from head to toe. He’d never felt like this before. Was this love? After a short while Maximus managed to draw his eyes away from the vast army before him and run across the wheat field, with the hard brittle stems of wheat grazzing across the palm of his hands, his small sandles filling with fallen bits of wheat and dirt. As he reached where his mother was waiting for him at the edge of the city, he looked back to wave goodbye to his friends.
With a shinning glimmer in Maximus eye, he looked towards his mother.

“Mother I want to be in the army.” There was so much energy and deep passion in his voice

“Your father would never allow it!” The boy’s mother quickly said.

“But mother I want to, I want to be in.....”

“That’s enough Maximus!” Screeched his mother.

“Wait till I tell your father what you have been saying!” While his mother storms ever so faster through the town gates, Maximus turns around and back peddles just to watch the army march into the other side of the city.

The sound of feet marching in time, all together sounding as one. The dust kicked up from the hard dirt road. Sound of the horses snorting and being a bit grizzly made the boy so fascinated that such big animals love the fight as much as what he did.
That sound! What emotion! As Maximus drew his eyes towards the city walls he seen the most amazing thing. A metal ting that sent a rush of adrenaline into the boys heart, the beat got fast every time he heard the sound. It was the sound of a shield and sword meeting as two men were sparring. From that moment on he knew what he wanted to be.

Going through the massive wooden gates to re-enter the city from where they came. Walking up the main street and through the market to get back home. Maximus loves the smell of the market in the early afternoon. Everyone has been working for a few hours now, the smell of fresh bread started to make maximus’s stomach growl, like when you get to close to a dog and his bone. The smell of fresh fish and fresh meat would send his mouth swimming with excitement. Accidently dribbling down his tailored green top were he thinks he can taste it. There was another smell that Maximus loved but has never had the pleasure of having it pass through his lips. It was the smell from his father’s winery at the entrance of the 4 vast acre gardens where they live.

Maximus enjoyed sitting in the vineyard just to gather his thoughts in the dusk light in the evenings. Walking up the slight incline dirt track, slowly the white walls of their home come into view. As they get closer to their home you start to see the stables just on the left side of the house.

“Looks like your father is home” maximus’s mother said sounding surprised.

“Lightning is in the stable.” Sounding very puzzled as why he is home so early.

As that was said, she continued to walk to the house as Maximus ran to the stables to greet the horses. Lightning was his father’s horse, which was jet black, the same colour as maximus’s hair, with a white diamond in the middle of his forehead.

“Hello boy, what you and father doing back so soon, hey.” He said while stroking his forehead.

“Where is Bruits?” Maximus asked with concern.

“Is he out in the field you think?” he asked. As lightning nay and stomped his strong powerful hoof on the tightly pack dirt floor..
“Bye lighting, see you later” he shouted, running like a wild rabbit through the field.

Maximus was running though the field opposite the vineyard, finally he saw Bruits and the Dutch grazing away. Maximus whistled with a high tone leading to a lower tone and back again with a sharp end. Bruits Looked straight up and went running, as the Dutch just slowly triddled on over. The galloping sound of Bruits’ hoofs smashing and turfing up the ground sent shivers down maximus’s spine. What an amazing sound he thought to himself, as the shinny white coat of Bruits glimmered in the sun, with his little grey spots on his legs and on his face drew ever so near.

Suddenly he was right in front of Maximus, digging his hoofs into the lush green grass, turfing it up to come to a stop. Maximus throw his arms around his main, with Bruits’ head buried deep into maximus’s chest.

“Hello boy! You glad to see me! I’m glad to see you too!” kissing him on his beautiful white coated head, with eight little grey spots coming down his forehead, to the end of his nose.

“We shall go for a ride later if you would like boy?” buzzing with love for not only a horse, but also a friend.

With that said the Dutch just about made her way over.

“Hello. Are you looking after my Bruits? You best be” Patting her soft pure white summer coat.

“Mother sure keeps your coat nice and soft for you doesn't she?” He said with a little laughter in his voice.

“Guess what I seen today Bruits? An army marching into town!” He gasped, almost as he forgot and had to say it quickly.
“I want to join the army when I grow up. I don’t want to be an archer or a horseman. I want to be a soldier!” He shouted, flinging his arms up at the last moment.

Bruits and the Dutch was startled and jumped back them self’s.

“Sorry. I just want to be a soldier. But I no father won’t let me. He wants me to join the Senate.” He whimpered, falling in a shroud of doubt.

Just realising his mother was going to tell his father about earlier. As he said bye the horses and stared walking back across the field towards the house, his heart grew heavier and became more worried about what his father would say to him. With that thought, Bruits bumped Maxiums’s back nearly knocking him over.
“You silly fool.” He said laughing.

“Come on Bruits, I’ll race you” maximus screamed while running for his life,

laughing all the way. Bruits’ clippedie clopping grew louder very quickly. As maximus drove his legs as hard as he could but he was no match for Bruits, who powered his way past, driving his massive thighs.Ever muscle in Bruits’ legs working and pumping away while converting all that energy into the hard warm lush green grass beneath him. Finally they reached the stables.

“Wow. Your getting fast boy. I will beat you one day” said maximus while trying to catch his breath and smiling from ear to ear.

So with a gental pat on the side of Bruits’ neck, maximus left to run to the house and up the steps.
© Copyright 2009 marteeno (marteeno4070 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1612524-Warrior-Of-Romeunfinished