*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1613490-Life-Pain-n-a-long-journey-ahead
Rated: E · Other · How-To/Advice · #1613490
A little bit 'bout me. A little bit 'bout you. And a little bit 'bout that long journey..
Ever wondered why people are afraid from heights?
Well, in a scientific not, if you’re an "Acrophobic", there must have been - at some point of your past - an incident linking heights to an emotional trauma and so you unconscious mind elicits this kinda fear to protect you from further spiritual agony... Another possible explanation suggests that you might just be afraid of falling, getting yourself injured and eventually ending in pain...
It’s strange the lengths people would go to protect themselves from getting hurt; tons and tons of strategies and tactics that we apply - sometimes even unconsciously - to spare ourselves the slightest feeling of discomfort.. But pain - no matter how hard we try, or how far we run - finally gets a hold of us... And when it does (As a part of the natural course of life), it's even stranger the post traumatic techniques we engage in order to assure our broken hearts, worn souls and wounded egos that they will never - under any condition - get broken, worn out or wounded once again... We lose faith in friendship once we got betrayed, curse love after a broken heart, give up trying at the first sign of failure and resent the entire humanity over the cruelty of a bunch of people that represent no more that a drop in the entire ocean....
We spend a lotta time, nerve and effort trying to protect ourselves that we reach to a point where we think - to our detriment - that we became immune to life's cruelty...
Well, no one is; freak-of-nature-type events occur and it doesn't help displaying the protective mode... You can run, hide or even lock you self up in your own secluded world, but you can't escape it... Even if your path seems well paved, some time you'll trip and fall down on your face... Nothing can help you then; not even your countless emotional preservation plans; only having enough faith and confidence to pick yourself up, hold your head up high and carry on, expecting another trip, but yet enjoying every good step on the way, believing that pain is not the opposite of joy; it's the perfect compliment, like the dark is to the light and the dim is to the bright... They form a whole called "Life" that is your own special blend of ups and downs, days and nights so, avoiding painful moments is like missing half of your life.... And even though I personally think that we should embrace such unpleasant moments - if for no other reason than the fact that we will never have them again -, yet there seems to be another utter and perfect purpose why we need to feel our downs and live in’em…. It’s your downs that make your ups feel so high! If you don’t start climbing at the foot of the mountain, you’ll experience no joy reaching the summit….. And yes, the word on the street is right: you must be covered in some rain and dirt in order to witness a rainbow!!
So, open your eyes wide open and unlock your hearts; don’t be scared of getting your feelings exposed…. Life’s long; there will be pain and grief, but there will also be joy, cheer and good moments that will make up for the bad ones if you let’em heal your wounds and wash your heart…
Don’t worry your lives away; live every second to the full and make the best out of it because even the most painful ones can grant you something that the most joyful ones can never give… Pain augments your compassion towards others’ sufferings and enhances your understanding to their needs… Sometimes it makes you realize the bad you’ve done to a close friend, the grief you’ve caused a parent or even the disappointment you’ve left a beloved one in…. Just look back and I’m sure that you’ll easily realize that at least one – if not more – of your greatest and most life illuminating self make-overs were encouraged by a moment of anguish…
© Copyright 2009 Origami Crane (matricaria at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1613490-Life-Pain-n-a-long-journey-ahead