*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1613597-My-nightmare-Football-team
by URZ
Rated: E · Article · Sports · #1613597
About how I still support my Football team through thick and thin
Hello,

I support Reading FC and we are the Championship which is the second division in English Football. This blog will be about how my Football team are sometimes my worst enemy and make my weekend go downhill. Reading FC were in the Premier Division two seasons ago and this season we started with a new manager. Brendon Rodgers is his name and he is fairly inexperience as a first team Manager but he was with Watford for six months at the end of last season and saved them from relegation.

Unfortunatly alot of Reading's best first team players left for bigger and better clubs and so Rodgers started his Reading career with a setback. He brought in seven players and the team looked strong when Reading held Chelsea to a 2-2 draw after being two up at the Madjeski. Since that day however Reading have only picked up 10 points in the league and only two wins in 14 games. At the start of last season there was talk of "Fortress Madjeski" but it is now looking like clubs have sieged the Fortress and easily overtaken it as Reading have not won at their home ground for over 9 months and 17 games.

One of Reading's biggest problems is that they do not have a striker that can bang in the goals. Last season they had Kevin Doyle but his brilliance was stolen by Wolverhampton Wanderers as they moved up into the Premier League. Reading are playing beautiful football and most games they have been the better team but it seems as soon as they work themselves into a shooting position they either get scared or they decide that they want to slide it just past the post.

I today read in the paper that Brendon Rodgers is on the verge of the sack and that he only has two games to save his job and one of those games is tommorow against Coventry. Hopefully Reading can turn things around and if they can win against Coventry it will really set up for a great game against Ipswich at home the following Saturday. I am a season ticket holder at Reading and have loyally support the club since I can remember and havn't yet lost the faith in Brendon Rodgers and the new Reading team but I know alot of people have and I just hope that we can get our season running and get a win on Saturday.

This brings me onto another one of Reading's most famous flawes, inconsistancy. Ever since I can remember Reading have been inconsistant and that has proven in some of this seasons games. Take Peterborough for example, as Reading were 2-0 up and strolling at half time but lack of concentration and an opposite performance to the first half, they lost the game 3-2 in the last minute.

I hope that Reading can push on and prove the critics wrong but somehow I doubt that things at Reading will be rosey again until we have a few decent seasons and bring in some players with the potential like Kevin Doyle but we will just wait and see and hope for the best.

Thank you for reading and as this is my first article any comments are welcome :)
© Copyright 2009 URZ (prolo245 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1613597-My-nightmare-Football-team