*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1613950-If-You-Could
by rpi_89
Rated: E · Poetry · Relationship · #1613950
Sun, October 4, 2009
If you could look in my eyes, would you see tears and longing and doubt?  Or would you see love and compassion and hope?

If you could hold my hand, would you feel the scars and wear of 10,000 chores, and the wrinkles of too many seasons past?  Or would you feel tenderness, and the warmth of a long lost friend?

If you could see into my soul, would you find a stranger hidden behind barriers of shame and doubt?  Or would you find a mirror into your own being?  And the wellspring of a hope neverbefore but imagined?

If you could walk with me, would you choose to turn and leave, finding merely that fate had crossed our paths but for the briefest of moments?  Or would you chose to walk by my side, through changing seasons, and undiscovered triumphs and failures?

If you could lay beside me, would you feel loneliness and the emptiness of unfulfilled promise?  Or would you feel safe and secure, and know the joy of two hearts that beat as one?

I want you to look into my eyes
I want you to take my hand
I want you to see into my soul
I want you to walk with me
I want you to lay down beside me
© Copyright 2009 rpi_89 (rpi_89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1613950-If-You-Could