*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1613996-Through-Amys-Eyes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Family · #1613996
Our decisions affect more than ourselves
It was bound to happen, although it was surely a sorry situation. Amy was young, and she was still a child...and yet, she had the weight of the world upon her shoulders. A childhood should be the best time of our lives, it should not be filled with worry, but for Amy it was. Amy loved her mom dearly, but her mom was surely a far cry from normal, or caring. Certainly she loved her daughter, but second to herself. In loving herself first, she found gratification in cheating on her husband as each new man made her feel loved and cared for, she felt in love... and for this feeling she cheated. Hooked on this feeling of being in love, she single-handedly destroyed her marriage, her home, her daughter's childhood. The man who was the father figure in Amy's life was not her real father, but in fact, a step dad. He had done so well to take care of her and to make sure she had laughter in her life...but now, that was all gone, and her mother mostly cried. When her unfaithfulness was discovered, their world changed, and homelessness was fast approaching. There was such a confidence Amy felt at first that her mom would save the day, she would make it all good again...only Amy watched day after day at her mom not trying for employment, expecting others to pay her way, and she cried alot throughout each day.
Daily Amy tried to encourage her mom, she needed her to pull herself together. The thought of being on the streets, sleeping in the park, and wondering daily where her next meal would come from terrified her. At the same time she dreaded not being with her mother...she loved her dearly.
Before long, homelessness was in sight, and soon Amy knew something needed to happen. So scared she realized she could no longer stand so strong...there was nothing to stand for, they were in over their heads and no help was in sight.
Amy took her mother aside and shared her heart. "I'm suffering, Mom, I'm suffering. Please mom, let me go, call Social Services." Amy could not imagine she would ever speak those words, not ever. She was scared to be homeless and could not face the days that were coming inspite of loving her mother dearly. After she poured out her heart, she hugged her mother close and cried.
For the first time Amy's mom realized the seriousness of this situation, that they were in deep trouble, no where to go, and no money. The marriage would not be restored and life as they knew it was over. Now, Amy's mom faced reality and it had one ugly face looking back at her. Her mother refused to let her go, how could she ever let her go. But as Amy's eyes filled with tears, her mom fell into the uncomfortable chair in the motel room, and sobbed. "Okay, Amy." Is all Amy heard.
Amy found a wonderful home and she had a loving foster family, and her own room. She thanked God for all He had given her, but her heart still ached for her Mom.
Late at night she stood at her window and looked out at the moon and stars and wondered, "Where are you mom?" She prayed one day they would be together again.

Louise Alberto McAtee Author of When That Day Comes http://www.outskirtspress.com/whenthatdaycomes

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Louise_McAtee
© Copyright 2009 Louise Alberto McAtee (hzleyes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1613996-Through-Amys-Eyes