*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1614393-Day-2-Moments
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1614393
Day 2 of my week.
-Why me? Why was I chosen? It doesn’t make sense, out of the billions of creatures and people on this planet why me? There are so many other beings that are so much better than me, so much more deserving me! Why would you choose me?

-You interest me. It is as simple as that, I find you intriguing. That’s pretty much it.

-Then I don’t care, I don’t want this. I don’t want any of it. I don’t want to be your little prize, I don’t care if you are gorgeous or magical or special or anything else. I’m out of here, I’m not going to stick around just to be your toy to play with and then throw away as you please! Leave me alone.

-No, I refuse to leave you alone. I will continue to follow you and talk to you until you decide to come with me. I chose you and I will not settle for anything else.

-What are you? You don’t resemble anything I have ever seen before. What. Are. You.

-I am nothing, and everything, whatever you want me to be. I am magnificent, and horrible, a saint, and a devil.

-You don’t know do you? What you are, I mean.

-I did, once. A very long time ago, when I thought I knew everything. I guess I got over-confident, and I forgot. I forgot about who I was because I didn’t think it mattered, I could be anyone. I forgot what I had meant to do with my life because I thought I no longer cared, I could do anything. I forgot how to be careful because pain no longer registered, I couldn’t die. I forgot how to play by the rules because I no longer had any, I made the rules. That is what I am. That wasn’t what you expected was it? You expected some sort of happy, fairy tale, didn’t you?

-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that.

-You’re sorry, well whatever. This is getting boring, you’re boring, and I’m out of here.

-Wait, no, you can’t go. Not like this, not now, not...ever.

-What does that mean, not ever? I thought you didn’t want to come with me? Or maybe you are falling for my charms.

-Yeah, sure, whatever. I’m coming with you now. You’re stuck with me.

-Thank you.

-Let’s go

He stretched out his hand and they both faded into the air. A forgotten moment in time. Struggling to be remembered.
© Copyright 2009 Iris Aria (irisaria at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1614393-Day-2-Moments