*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1614443-Untittled-Chapter-1
Rated: E · Novel · Other · #1614443
A story of a young man from a different universe who suddenly find himself lost in ours.
"Its her, I know it is her!" Toma said for what seemed like the hundredth time. He didnt know how to make them understand, and really, why should they. He had only met her once, and it was only in passing. I know its insane, he thought to himself, but I also know its true. There is just something about her. Something i cant really explain. He looked from his father; tall, serene, and wise, to his mother; small, fragile, and loving, imploring them to understand, willing them with his mind to just trust him.

It was his mother that spoke first. She stood and crossed the parlor gracefully, her long, golden dress billowing daintly around her feet. Her face held a look of love, and understanding. She smiled at her son as she took both of his large, calloused hands into her small, soft ones. "We believe you." She said softly, before turning and facing her husband with her son beside her. She nodded to him, "I think it is time." She said.

Toma's father rose carefully from his seat, and crossed the parlor opposite the mother, and son pair. He slowly opened the topmost drawer of the antique writing desk, and pulled out a small, burgandy colored lock box, which he then carried to his son. Toma took the box, confused, and looked it over carefully. He tried to open it but it was indeed locked. He look up at his father, eyes full of questions, "How do I open it?" His father simply smiled, "My son, you dont. This box will open only when you and your souldmate are united." Cambri, Toma thought.

He smiled up at both of his parents, and rush from the room, box in hand, to be united with the girl he barly knows.

******************************************

"What!? How can this be!? I took way their inteligence! I purposly made it so that they could not find me...us!" Vercingetorix (vur-sin-JET-or-icks) slammed his fist on the metal table in front of him, causing it to bend in half, but not break though. His men winced as he made the contact, but did not cower away. General Faridoon stepped up to speak carefully, "There has only been one breech so far, my lord, and we have the suspect in custody should you like to question him." Vercingetorix nodded slowly, and straighted himself up. "Take me to him." He said, voice calm, but eyes screaming.

General Faridoon lead the way out of the room, and down many intricate winding tunnles, untill he reached the holding room. He turned to face Vercingetorix before opening the door. "He has been in here for close to 2 hours now, no one has questioned him as of yet, you are the first to speak to him." Vercengetorix nodded, and beckond him to open the door.

If Vercingetorix had a heart, it would have stopped beating at the first sight of the man in the simple, white, holding room. The face of the intruder to his world brought many memories crashing around him. He was his creator. His face was the first sight Vercingetorix had ever seen, though it was now aged a great deal, and his hair has whiten a lot. It was the same man, the same face, and right now, that face was plastored with just as much shock as Vercengetorix felt. "Tor." The intruder mumbled, almost inaudibly. It was not a question, but a statement. vercingetorix knew the man could recognise him, for even though it has been so long, he has not changed. He does not have the ability to change.

"Do not call me that." Vercengetorix hissed, as he quickly shut the door. "How did you do it? I took your inteligence."

"But thats what the greatest thing is about the human mind, Tor. It can always relearn. With enough resources, and focus, and determination, it can always relearn." the man said smiling at his creation.

"You do not have the resources needed to be here, how did you do it?" He growled, crossing the room to stand acroos from him.

"Ah but see, that is where you are wrong. That is where you messed up all those years ago."

"explain" he growled, his impatience fleeing.

"I will, give me time. I have not seen you in ages. You look well, are you gettnig the power you need. Are you still learning? I can not believe you are still alive, that you are here. We could feel the presence of your world, but we never believe it would be yours! my son. Oh my son, you have done well here. It is a beautiful place, but answer me one question, why did you leave?"


© Copyright 2009 Olivia Presnell (thlien at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1614443-Untittled-Chapter-1