*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1614706-The-Little-Things
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1614706
Short Romance story.
"I can't. I can't lose you again." I whispered, in complete distress, as I pulled him closer. Trembling, I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his chest. "I'm not leaving, I'm not going anywhere ever, Linds." I picked up my head and gazed at him, more at ease than before, and gently kissed him as I layed back down and closed my eyes. "Try and sleep, baby, I'm right here.", he whispered in my ear. Solemnly, I drifted off, and there it started. Again.

He sat in silence, and carefully studied the broken look that fell across her face. His fingertips gently brushed the surface of her arms as she slept so serenely. Every now and then, leaning over to softly kiss the top of her head, he would pull her tighter. He felt her fingers curl around his brawny arms, grasping them tightly. Feeling her arm start to shake, he pulled the blanket onto her, and wrapped his arm around her tighter. He sat, quietly, watching her sleep, completely motionless, and seemingly everything was fine. Every few minutes she would make small, inconsequential noises that assured him she was still breathing. Her quivering became erratic, but seeing as she hadn't slept in days, he left her asleep, continuing to graze her arm and run his fingers through her glossy hair. Her hands vigilantly slid down his arm, and un-perceptively clenched into fists. Shaking her slightly, she thrusted up, in a panic and completely in tears.

I wiped the tears that came rolling down my cheeks, and grabbed his arms to pull him closer. I wrapped my arms around him, shaking uncontrollably, and sobbed. I was scared. He grabbed my face in his hands, and looked right into my eyes. "Lindsey, listen to me," I tried to focus, still in utter shock from what had just happened. "Listen" he said. "I, am not going, anywhere, do you hear me? No where, baby. Everything is fine, I'm right here, look at me, I'm here, and I'm never leaving you. Ever." He pressed his chest up against mine and hugged me, not letting go. I managed to get out "I love you", through sobs, as I kissed him. I had never felt closer to him, than at that moment.
© Copyright 2009 Jessica (jessicaaaa_x at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1614706-The-Little-Things