*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1614909-Halloween-and-the-old-man
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1614909
this is a story written by me i am 10 years old
It was the day before Halloween and a girl about 10 years old named Ali Wellington was outside admiring all the spooky houses. She heard something and looked around. It was just some leaves blowing. She started walking up and down her street kicking a pop can and looking down. Once she looked up, she turned to see a really spooky house. She just stared at it. The door opened and she quickly pretended she was just walking, but it was too late. The person asked Ali if she liked his house. Ali nodded. She looked up at the person. It was on old man with a walker and he had a lazy eye. “Oh I just heard my mom call me in for dinner, bye!” Ali said and ran inside. The old man looked at his watch. “Its only 4 o’clock” he thought and went inside. When Ali came in she was breathing heavily from running and her mom asked her what happened. “Uhh..I was chasing some leaves..” Ali said and turned away to go up to her room. When she got there, she fell on her bed. She lay there for a few minutes then sat up and sighed. She picked up her book she was reading and started reading it. The book she was currently reading was called “Willow and Twig” by Jean Little. She was lost in her book when her mom called her down for dinner. Ali looked at her clock and it was already 6 o’clock. “I read for 2 hours!” she thought. She walked down the stairs and sat at the table. Her brother Adam was already at the table, he was 5 years old. As Ali sad down Adam stuck his tounge out at her and she rolled her eyes. The Wellington family was having spaghetti and meatballs, yum! “How was school today kids?” Mr.Wellington asked. “Good” Ali and Adam said at the same time. Ali chuckled to herself. “Mom, we have to get our costumes today, Halloweens tomorrow you know!” Ali exclaimed. “Yes, yes I know, we’ll go after dinner.” Mrs.Wellington replied. Ali pushed her empty plate away and got up and washed her hands. She ran back up the stairs to her room and continued reading “Willow and Twig” until they left to get their costumes. Ali was being a mime and Adam was being a pumpkin. When the Wellington family got home it was about 8 o’clock. “Get ready for bed, be ready by 9, OK?”Mrs.Wellington said. “OK” Ali and Adam said. Ali went upstairs and had a shower, brushed her teeth and then got on her PJ’s. She went back down stairs, had a cup of water then went to bed. Ali slept in until about 10:30am and Adam slept until about 9:00am. Ali sat up and yawned.”It’s Halloween!” she thought. Ali went down the stairs happily. “Why so happy, darling?” Mrs.Wellington asked as she flipped a pancake.”It’s Halloween!” Ali said and sat down. Mrs.Wellington put a pancake on a plate and put it down infront of Ali.”Adam already ate breakfast” Mrs.Wellington said. Ali poured syrup on her pancakes and ate, when she was done she got dressed, brushed her teeth and went outside. She started admiring the spooky house again but ignored the old mans house. Ali went back to go read her book, when she was done it was time for her family to have dinner. She ate then got in her costume, so did Adam. Ali grabbed her pillowcase and went outside to meet her friends. She hollered to her mother that she was going trick-or-treating then left. When the group got to the old mans house Ali stayed behind. The old man creeped her out. One of the boys in the group noticed and called her a chicken.”I am no chicken! He just gives me the creeps!” Ali exclaimed. “Then go and knock on his door!” the boy said. Ali walked up the steps. She hesitated to knock but she did. When the old man opened the door he gave Ali the whole bowl of candy! Ali’s eyes were wide open and the man told her that she deserved it. He would not tell Ali why. When they were down trick-or-treating Ali had 2 pillowcases full of candy! When Ali got in she told her mother about the old man. “I think that is because he is a good friend of your dad and I and I told him about all your reading.” Mrs.Wellington said. “Oh, thats nice of him!” Ali said.

The End!
© Copyright 2009 Nevi101 (nevi101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1614909-Halloween-and-the-old-man