*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1614979-The-Duchess-of-Twitter-and-Twight
by E Perk
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1614979
An adventure where dragons are slayed and friends are to be made.
One day I took my bike for a bit of a hike.

I passed a road and there was a toad.

“Hello, Mr. Toad!”

“How do you do?” and down the road I went along too.

Pedaling I went upon my merry way. Wondering what before me lay.

And to my great delight, a cozy cottage came in sight.

Adorned in flowers and ivy galore. I had to peek to see some more.

“Well, well, what do we have here?” a voice of importance, it was clear.

“Do come here boy, no need to have fright. I am the self proclaimed Duchess of Twitter and Twight.”

“Do come my brave and courageous steel knight and let us enjoy a day of delight!”

I immediately dismounted from my faithful steel steed and gallantly bowed and bent to my knee.

With that I strode down the cobbled walk and settled in for a most delightful talk.

Soon I was entranced in stories of old all certainly true, so I was told!

Images of heroic kings and elegant queens, castles, dragons and magical fiends

And as all good things must come to an end I thanked my dear duchess who is now my friend.



And when I took my regretful depart, my esteemed friend packed me a delectable tart.

“Do come back, my dear boy, for some afternoon tea,” said the Duchess, “perhaps we may venture a trip to the sea.”

I bowed adieu, so long and farewell, “Good bye dear Duchess of Twitter and Twight. Till we meet again, no more than a fortnight.”

As I peddled down the road, I came upon and thanked Mr. Toad.

For my adventure was a delight with the Duchess of Twitter and Twight.

And to you my dear reader a blessed good night!

© Copyright 2009 E Perk (perkup at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1614979-The-Duchess-of-Twitter-and-Twight