*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615080-Reflection
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1615080
This is for those who have loved and lost.
There comes a time when everyone has to take that deep look into themselves. While you’re inside our own minds we find the things we had long forgotten. These are the places, people, and events that have molded our very being. To this we must accept our flaws in the same way as we do our accomplishments. I believe that we are not defined by what we have achieved but how we get up after falling. Some of us stay down, letting life pass us by. Never knowing the person we could’ve been. And then some of us get up. We see our failure and question ourselves. We place our failure in our minds and try to forget about them. Then there are the few, who see the failure, stand up and move on. To question it would be reliving it. I was the second person. Questioning all that went wrong. Never getting answers and never letting go. I have since changed my thought process. To have the strength to move past failure, you will gain the power to rebuild and repair ourselves. If you have ever loved another, then you know loss. Losing a loved one may take many forms. Death, distance and of course, failure. No other failure we could ever experience can come close to the pain of failing at love. To give someone our all and then watch it all fade is the most dangerous and damaging event we may ever feel. If it is a result of death we begin to question faith, God, and medicine. To lose a loved one will bring sadness and anger. However, to lose someone because of our faults or theirs, takes a path that could destroy even the toughest soul. We place anger on the other. Never looking inward to see where we went wrong. I have walked this road and it lead me to more anger. Instead, I should’ve looked at me. I should’ve seen where I stumbled. Now as I write I see my own life. I see where I’ve been and what it is that I have learned. There is a song in which the sing says, “A looking in view is brighter on the outside.” It’s always easier to look at others and point blame, but to look for our own short comings is to uncover our own weakness. As I close out this, whatever it has become, know that I only speak myself. I have begun to look inside myself. And even though it is hard, I feel myself growing into a better me. So if you have ever felt lost and alone and forgotten, start at the one place we always forget. Start looking inside yourself. You may find that under all the pain and anger, is a great person destined for true love. The love of yourself.
© Copyright 2009 Jakyl80 (jakyl80 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615080-Reflection