*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615271-I-Saw-This-Horror
Rated: · Chapter · Emotional · #1615271
For a contest
She layed in her bed of soft yellow roses. I knelt down beside her and hesitantly reached for her hand. Everything mounted up to this moment. I grasped her hands harder and watched my tears fall on her sweet porcelain face. My breaths came in short bursts as I gasped for air. "Everything I am......" the room was starting to spin, "you never stopped.....". I couldn't go on. I closed my eyes and found refuge in her cold touch. Everyone around me bore their eyes into my back. But they could wait their turn. After all, they were never around when she needed them the most. I lingered a few more moments. I didn't want to let her go knowing this would be the last time I would be in her presence. She never once abandoned me, and it was all too cruel that I would have to leave her now. It took every ounce of strength to release her hands and step away from her casket. I took in this one last image of her and then exited the building. Once on the streets, I looked to the sky she loved so much. And for the first time, I prayed.
© Copyright 2009 Laena Raven (born2become at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615271-I-Saw-This-Horror