*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615704-Quotations-taken-from-my-lifes-musings
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #1615704
Read them, think about them, and take what you will from them.
"Never forgo speaking for fear of being mistaken. Such a fear paralyzes learning whilst robbing everyone of your unique perspective, and thought process."
(03-2013)

"If we only pay attention to results, looking back at our lives becomes a spotty experience.  If we enjoy the process along the way however, it becomes a rich, woven tapestry of wonder and adventure."
(12-2012)

"So long as we keep grinding children through an education system that is purely "by the numbers," we will continue to grind out criminals devoid of ethics and morals. It is the failure of every one of us collectively that allows these people to be locked up in the first place. We need a pragmatic approach to education that fosters love and compassion, not numbers."
(05-2012)

"Together we must hold strong that which we cherish, for tyrants seek to snatch it away with the long arm of the law."
(05-2012)

"A government born of war can never rid itself of it."
(03-2012)

"No single person on this earth is any greater or lesser than any other. Every human being strives for happiness, and to avoid suffering. We must extend love and compassion to all, especially to those deemed our enemies."
(08-2011)

"Unquestionable religion leads to unquestionable corruption."
(01-2011)

"We have no control over how forgiveness will affect others.  That does not take away from how it affects ourselves however.  We forgive to let go of our own hostility, our own anger, our own resentment; not to appease the forgiven."
(12-2010)

"I do not believe in the concept of 'race'. I believe in physical diversity, and differing cultures. Skin colour is no different than hair or eye colour, in that it simply adds variety to who we are. Humans."
(10-2010)

"Ignorance may be blissful to the individual, but it is crippling to society as a whole."
(10-2010)

"My recipe for a peaceful existence:  Patience, Tolerance, Honesty, Forgiveness, Compassion."
(08-2010)

"The abandonment of pride, and the acceptance of truth are the first steps towards true enlightenment and peace."
(08-2010)

"We cannot live life in the moment if we cannot let go of the past."
(08-2010)

"Experience, not clothes, makes the man."
(08-2010)

"You have to get a little lost before you truly find yourself."
(07-2010)

"We will never know most things for certain, but the answers we find along the way are not cheapened by a lack of complete certainty."
(07-2010)

"The truth is often more painful than the lie."
(05-2010)

"If you focus too far down the road, you'll trip over every stone along the way."
(03-2010)

"Knowledge is everything, and nothing if we are reticent."
(10-2009)

"The only resource in this world that is truly a precious commodity is time. Though it can never be regained, it can always be put to better use."
(06-2009)

(Free to quote, not to steal.  Thank you.)
© Copyright 2009 Justin D. Whitehead (j_whitehead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615704-Quotations-taken-from-my-lifes-musings