*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1616426-My-Worst-Nightmare
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1616426
I hope you like it! =D It's my first story....
I could feel it. I could hear it. The nightmare I had dreaded actually came true. It felt as if my heart was going to jump out of my chest. I was unaware where exactly I was, but I knew what was waiting for me in there. As I crept forward, a blast of icy wind rushed down my spine and back up. I froze. I reached my hand up and toward the sinister air. It felt so thick and deep; like fog. I glanced down, but saw nothing. The floor was so soggy and so humid; it felt as if I was in a swampy sauna. I took a deep breath, and stepped forward. All of a sudden, I felt light-headed and wobbled as I walked forward.





Rustling. Sounds like trees, or shrubs of some sort. I struggled to touch something else which is alive. I reached out my aching hand and grabbed at the empty air. Tears were then bursting at the seams. I felt as if I was losing consciousness. I kept myself standing, and looked around desperately trying to find what I couldn’t see. Then….





A scent…. I never caught this aroma before. It was the scent of death. I stood there like a statue, with my eyes wide open. What is this? Bereavement…. It felt as if the whole world was spinning uncontrollably around me. Ooooo…. Then I felt an excruciating pain in my back. Slash! Something wet and sticky was dripping down my back and legs. I couldn’t move. My legs then collapsed and my body felt like it was shutting down.





And so I lay there, thinking that my life was going to end right where I was. As I lay in a pool of my own blood, I think about what just happened. Is someone after me? Are they here right now? Am I going to…..DIE?!?! Just the thought of it makes me want to puke, and I would…. if I could move. I looked straight up wondering what exactly I was supposed to be looking at. I feel so blind wherever I am.



It was hard to endure the pain that I was in. And it was harder to know the fact that I couldn’t see anything that was going on around me. I knew that whoever or whatever did this to me is still in here, watching me. I could still smell death, all around me, hovering. As my blood bath became sizable, I tried to get feeling back in my legs so I could stand. Then, a rush of energy filled my body and my legs started to move.





My body was no longer throbbing, and I felt I could walk again. I was determined to figure out where I was and what exactly I was afraid of. I urged forward and opened my eyes. Finally everything was much clearer now. The trees, shrubs, murky floor, foggy air, and most of all, the being that struck me. There we were staring straight into each other’s souls.

The being focused on me, and had a smirk on its face. I flinched. Then the being raced towards me and withdrew what it appeared to be a knife of some sort. I tried to turn around so I could bolt away, but the being caught up with me and…. plunged the knife into my stomach. I plummeted to the muddy ground and stopped moving. When I opened my eyes, I saw the being staring at me, holding the bloodstained knife. The being lifted the knife and shoved it into my ensanguined side. Ahhhh!



My true fear…. I understand what it is now….



It is death….



As I close my eyes I hear a whisper… “Goodnight and Goodbye.” That was the last thing I had heard. Before I breathed my final breath I looked to my left, and I saw what I smelled earlier. My best friend lying there…. Dead. I choked out my final tears, and then closed my eyes.





I am over my worst fear now…. Heaven here I come!







I stopped moving….. forever.




© Copyright 2009 Highschool_Writer (meghanmcmahan1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1616426-My-Worst-Nightmare