*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1616604-Dayly-Flash-fiction-entrys
Rated: · Other · Other · #1616604
Prompt: Contains the phrase "I was hear a minute ago"
Long ago, in a place not so far from hear a young girl sat in a new rocking chair and dreamed of seeing all of the world. She dreamed of sailing each ocean and walking each ones shores; of crossing every desert and climbing every peek. No stone would there be left un-turned or any bird’s flight un-observed. Apparently she thought the world was rather small, for there is simply no way to see it all. After climbing many mountains and fording many streams, crossing many deserts, walking many beaches and sailing many seas; after turning every encountered stone and watching many many MANY birds she started to rethink her dream. It was proving far les simple than it had first seamed. Perhaps many of each thing would do, now that her adventuring times were mostly threw. So all those many years later that same rocking chair’s still hear, and it seams as though I was hear just a minute ago, though its been many a year. Now, hear in this place, not far at all, and old woman sits in an old rocking chair and remembers seeing much of the world.

Lily Pip ~ 192 words ~ 11/9 ~ Prompt: Contains the phrase "I was hear a minute ago"

He sat there alone on the ground, cold and wet, a shadow of his former glory. Cast away, left to die. No more would admiring glances come his way. No more would he sit atop his lofty perch and look down upon the world. His crisp, clean uniforms of vibrant green and striking red were replaced now by tattered brown rags. And all of this was her fault. She, who would weave tales of year upon year of brilliant sunny days, then dissolves them in the blink of an eye bye abandoning him in these bitter days. He and all of his companions, each used and disposed of. But eventually, each leaf must fall; it is only a mater of when.
Lily Pip ~ 121 Words ~ 7/9 ~ Contains a broken promise

A tangle of yarn was heaped to one side of the couch, along with the occasional button eye or frayed clump of doll hair. The living room lamp was across the room from its usual perch, shade torn, cored chewed, and bulb smashed. The brand new drapes on a window near bye now sported several large rips. Last Christmas’s tin of caramel popcorn lay open on the sofa, its contents strewn across the floor. All this mother saw when she opened the door. The naughty kitten however was not to be found, hidden behind the arm chair, not making a sound.

Lily Pip ~ 101 words ~ 8/9 ~ Contains the words Doll, yarn, and popcorn
© Copyright 2009 Lily Pip (wmskp12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1616604-Dayly-Flash-fiction-entrys