*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1617927-Beneath-Illusions
Rated: · Other · Drama · #1617927
Brooklyn dreams of murders that happen almost instantly after she dreams it.
Chapter One : Wish all you want, you ain't getting it.
She's stuck in the back of a van, her hands tied together, her mouth sealed with duct tape. I hear her trying to scream. I don't help, instead I just stare at her. There's nothing I can do.

Sweat trickles down her forehead. The door opens. A man climb in and he holds a lighter and a bucket full of gasoline. She's burning now, her charred body lying there, lifeless as the flames cover her entire body. And the man walking away as though nothing had happens.

The alarm goes off. I open my eyes. My heart pounds in my chest, I try not to scream. Instead, I head to the bathroom. I stare at myself in the mirror. The girl staring back, tall and lanky, with long, straight hair that looks unnaturally messy. Her eyes are hollow and puffy, her nose a tad bit too crooked and her lips slightly parted. Not someone I'd associate myself as. In fact, I looked like I'd just seen a ghost, which wasn't far off.

I wear a long-sleeve turtle neck shirt and jeans. I comb my hair and head downstairs. My grandmother is drinking tea, my mother, watching soap operas on tv. I grab the spare keys to the house and kissed my mother and grandma goodbye. As I wait for the school bus to arrive on my phone.

My phone vibrates. I receive a text message from an unknown number. I shudder when I finish reading it. Someone knows my secret and I don't know who. The bus honks and I climb aboard. I sat next to a younger boy he looked like he hadn't sleep for weeks, pale and lifeless just as the girl in my dreams. He looks at me and I try not to look at him.

'I know your secret,' the boy whispered. His eye were all black, I couldn't see his sclera. I colse my eyes, too afraid to open them. When I was brave enough to open them, he was gone. I got off the bus as quickly as I can as we arrive in school. I didn't want to stay in there.

In the hall, I see Sammy. My head stopped pounding, my heart beat slows. He has tousled brown blonde hair, sky blue eyes, he has a slim figure but he is quite strong. He's my best friend, don't get me wrong but we are just best friends. You can't always get what you want. But I'm just lucky to have him as my best friend.

He walks towards me, I smile at him and take my hand and gives it a little squeeze.
'Hey. Nightmare?' he knows about the dreams and he is the only one who knows about it.
'Yeah, how'd you know?' I ask wearily. It was a heck of a day.
'You look tired, and your hands are shaking,' I look down to find my hands quivering.
'Oh, it's no biggy.'
'Well, okay then, come on, let me take you to class.' he grabs my books and puts his arms around me. I feel safe.
© Copyright 2009 Ellery Bastlin (jiayi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1617927-Beneath-Illusions