*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1618073-Friday-the-13th
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Mystery · #1618073
A short story of a group of teens that witness a murder and get caught at the scene.
It was a normal day for 4 teens, Michael, Keegan, Shae, and Jessi, but, when the sun went down it all changed. The group of teens was walking home from school around 3:10 and decided they would go to a local arcade that they loved to go hang out with their other friends. There had been talk all day of it being Friday the 13th but they knew it was just the older students trying to scare the Freshmen. There was one of the school bullys at the arcade so when he got there he started picking on people and knocking the off their game so the 4 teens decided to leave. While walking home they decided to go a different way thinking it would be cool to go on the "bad" side of town and see what was going on around there. Now Michael and Keegan was brothers, twins actually, and Shae and Jessi was best friends and they all had been friends since 5th grade and was pretty much inseperable. They was walking by this old abandoned building when Keegan got the urge to go in and check it out. Of course the others had to follow they was all curious to. Once inside there wasn't much to it, somebody had painted and drawed pictures all over the walls and it was cold and damp. It was an old hotel that had been closed because of specious activity that went on there and there was a lot of drug bust that had went down there. The building had 4 floor, the main floor which had some rooms but was mainly used for the front desk and lobby and storage and it had a kitchen, the 2nd and 3rd floor had lots and lots of rooms, and the 4th floor had all the suites. The teens was exploring the first floor tiptoeing around everything looked so fragile they was scared to do to much in there. As they creped up the steps to the 2nd floor they heard a loud noise. They all stopped and looked at each other but nervously they continued up the steps. They looked around and nothing seemed to stick out so they kept going up the stairs to the next floor when they heard some people talking. They ran into one of the rooms because it sounded like the people where coming up the stairs behind them and the people sounded mad. They locked the door behind them and put their ears to the door to see if they could hear anything. It sounded like the people had went on up the stairs to the top floor. Michael told them to stay there he would go out and see if anybody else was out there. He slowly opened the door and walked down the hall to the platform where it overlooked the stairs and the lobby. He didn't see anybody so he walked back to the room when all of a sudden he heard "Hey kid what you doing in here?" Michael turned around starlted and took off running to another room and quietly closed the door. He texted Keegan that a man had seen him but he looked like a homeless guy and when he took off running the guy didnt follow him. He opened the door back and the man was gone so he ran back to the room with the rest of the teens. All of a sudden they heard a bunch of yelling and a man scream like he had been hurt. The scared kids just froze they didn't know what they had walked into. The yelling got louder and the screaming got louder so the girls went in the bathroom to try and block out the screaming. Gun shots where fired and they heard heavy footsteps on the stairs as if someone was running down them. The teens stayed as quiet as they could and when all was quiet again they teens sneaked out. "Should we go up and see if anybody is hurt up there?" Jessi said. They was all scared but decided to go up and see. "Oh my God!!!" the kids screamed, there was 2 men laying on the floor one had been stabbed and one had been shot the one that was stabbed was moaning and he was saying help me, you got to help me they are coming back. They turned to run out when they stopped somebody was coming so they ran and hid in another room leaving the door cracked so they could see what was going on. A man in a black coat came back to the man stabbed and ask who he was talking to. He wouldn't answer so he pulled out his gun and shot him again. About that time Jessi sneezed and the man looked over and saw them and started yelling down the steps that some kids was in there. The kids paniced and locked the door and went over to the window but it wouldnt open. Michael grabbed a chair and threw it through the window and the climbed out on to the fire escape. It was dark and they couldn't see as they made there way down the ladder broke with Keegan and he fell and landed on his leg as they heard a loud pop Keegan screamed in pain. Michael grabbed his phone and called 911 and told them bout the men and they had saw it and they men where after them now and his brother had fell and problaly broke his leg. Michael grabbed Keegan and carried him and they tried to run down the dark alley. They could hear the men behind them and they started firing shots at them. They saw the cops coming so they ran towards them. The cop got out of his car and asked if they was the ones that had called and they said yea so he told them to get in. He speeded off but something didnt feel right to the teens especially after he got a call and said yea I got them. He took them to another building that had been abanded and made them get out with his gun drawn. They walked in and the men from the Hotel was there and they laughed. The one that had shot the guy pulled his coat off and he was in uniform, he was a cop to. They told them that since they made the call and went into detail of what happened they was going to take the fall for it and if they denied it they would find them and kill them. Shaken and scared the teens just knodded. They hand cuffed them after knocking them around a little bit and drove them to the station. They got out and took them in to book them. Shae told one of the female cops that they was being set up that the cop that brought them in had killed a man and threaten them. The cop didn't say nothing she just put her in a cell with Jessi. They took Keegan to the doctor for his leg and put Michael in a cell with a very large and mean lookin man. The teens couldn't believe what was happening that they was being framed and had been threaten by the police. All of a sudden there was a black out and all the cell doors opened. Jessi and Shae made a break for it and left the police station running as fast as they could. Michael took off to until he got hit in the head by the man in the cell with him. He fell to the ground and grabbed his head. "Your not going anywhere boy" the man said kicking and hitting Michael. The lights came back on and guards came out and grabbed Michael and put him back in his cell and the man just got to walk out.Once the guard saw the girls was gone they yelled for the man to go out and find them and bring them back. As Michael stood up he saw a guard and told him what was going on. The guard shook his head and said you should have kept your mouth shut boy and pulled out a gun. Michael heard screaming and started to shake then all at once felt something wet. He jumped and woke up, it was all a dream Keegan said he had been fighting in his sleep all night and he couldnt wake him up so finally he threw water on him to wake him up. He told Keegan all about it and they stayed up talking til it was time to go to school. Finally Michael had calmed down and they was fixing to leave the house when they opened the door a cop was standing there Michael freaked out and took off running and screaming..............
© Copyright 2009 just_me (toyogirl86 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1618073-Friday-the-13th