*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1618082-The-Boundary
by Jok.M.
Rated: · Short Story · Experience · #1618082
Madness and healthy mentality.How many steps to that invisible border between Them and Us?
The Sun solemnly sank in the Sea,becoming more and more similar to the huge heated sphere.Patches of sunlight were saying good bye to the sea.Evening slowly pushed this sparkling slur close to Horizon.Devoted Messenger of Night carefully prepared for  the coming of Its Majesty.It seemed that nobody resisted-neither people,encouraged by evening freshness nor the Nature,which has got tired and with pleasure prepared to  rest...
Sunset.The end of one more day.The quay revived.Pubs,restaurants were fulled with noisy crowd of people.Sounds of music,loud laughter,rumble of voices reached from all directions.Cafe 'Pilgrim' settled down away from this noisy action.In the evening there are not many visitors here.Only those,who wish to stay far from vanity after the working day or simply to admire the sunset.My favourite 'Pilgrim'.I like to come here.Probably because of seldom possibility to meet my former compatriots.It would be not desirable to go deep into nostalgic  reasonings of what and how it was.'What was'-it's already from past life.Hardly I would like to return there and hardly I regret of it.
Fragments of quiet conversations from the next tables did not disturb at all,even supplemented the landscape as soft rustle of waves rolled on coast.I looked at the sea and tried not to think.But it badly turned out.Though it was nothing surprising.Hardly it's possible to think of something within the day,even to hear own thoughts....Thoughts,thoughts...Tomorrow everything will return again...Sunrise,sunset and...I'm too... have to continue my Not Eternal Way.Where I go?What for?And how long is my Road?...Inexpressible words,not came true dreams...Questions...I couldn't find the Answers...I asked,but there was silence instead...But now less questions...I've reconciled...I just  continue my Way...alone...again...Where?What for?Sometimes I wish to stop and to feel myself at Home...All around  was mirages and lie...but maybe,once,among them,I'll distinguish the Paradise,Home,the World where the Soul doesn't groan any more and doesn't asks impatiently for  the way.Maybe...
'It's beautiful! Seems the sun is angry...doesn't want to leave!'-the voice has heard from above.Words 'from above' deduced me from the fog of  my thoughts.'Why 'angry'?Because it has reddened?...and ,by the way,to what to rejoice if it sinks?'-questions have flown in my mind.But without having sounded them,I've decided to look at the owner of 'words from above'.Young tall man was standing near by me.He was something about 22-25 years old,with suntanned face,fair-haired.I could not examine his face.He faced the sea and it would be not so decently to scrutinize him.'Well! It's not so important'-I've thought and have continued to watch the Sunset.Usually,alone sitting women are like a beacon for passing by guys.As rule,the majority of males get acquainted,using strictly developed system.Sometimes it seems that they learned at the same teacher.Whether the teacher has forgotten to tell them that each rule has its exceptions or not all pupils attentively listened to him.Anyway.The same words,the same behaviour...But my young man,seemed,was from among of exemplary pupils.He didn't tell the learnt phrases.He simply stood beside and was silent...'May I sit?'-suddenly he asked me.'Well...have a seat...if you want'-I've answered indifferently.But to my astonishment,he has not sat down to the table.As if on command 'sit!',he has fallen near by on the sand.Just now I've noticed the toy-puppy in his hands.The toy has surprised me not less than his landing at my feet.Strange.But,anyway,I've got possibility to consider his face.Nothing special...But his eyes-light-grey,almost transparent and...the sight-deep,released and a bit terrible.Something in this 'exemplary pupil' was not absolutely  normal.I've looked around.Well...just in case...'Mum spoke to me...'-the phrase has suddenly occurred.'Don't be afraid!'-as having understood my concern,the guy told to me with smile.'We'll not drown you!'.'Thanks'-I've grinned mentally. Probably,he thought that it should be sound  not so terribly as 'we'll not kill you'.Whence he knows that I'm afraid of water much more than of knife...By the way...Why 'We'?
''We?!-I asked loud-'What?You're not alone?!'
'No,I'm with my friend'-he answered.
My God!I've begun to panic.But suddenly,before my nose appeared a silly muzzle of the toy-puppy.'Hey!'-having cut eyes,I've greeted 'the friend'.All became clear... My greetings has pleased young man and certainly also his 'friend'.The guy has quickened at once.'You know,nobody wants to be friends with Pippo...and to speak to me'.'...and to play also'-I've mentally bitten.'Everybody look at me strangly and say that I'm sick!But I'm not!I feel well!'....
I did not understand for what I continued to talk to him.It would be more reasonable to leave.But something kept me...Probably a curiosity,probably a pity.
'Recently,it seems to me that Pippo is boring'-young man continued his story,-'He longs.I don't want him to be sad...because I love him,he's my friend...Once I've decided to find another owner to him.I wanted to present Pippo to one girl with very kind eyes.She took Pippo...but when I've left,she  has thrown him away',-eyes of boy were filled with tears.'What's your name?'-I asked.'Tal'-having sobred,he answered.'You know,Tal,ask Pippo if he likes me?'. Tal interrogatively looked at me.I was surprised to my idea and silly question.Probably has worked not usual atmosphere.
'Why?'-asked Tal
"Well...maybe  Pippo will want to live at my place..'-
After considering for a minute,Tal said-'Will want! He'll amuse you! And I'm sure,he'll be glad!'-
'You really think that I should be amused?'-
'You have sad eyes and to you it's painfully sometimes'-he told these words like a doctor diagnosed the illness.
Amazing!Not always healthy people notice  and in general are interested in people around them.Most likely,because they have not enough time to penetrate into other's  eyes...
I've constrained my promise to take care of Pippo.Pippo to this day safely lives in my room.It does not allow me to forget about its owner.Though I always remember Tal,even without looking at Pippo...
My friendship with Tal proceeded not for a long time...Tal amused me with his naive stories,reasonings and  impressions which he got from outside of his own World.Our friendship shocked people.They saw off us with surprising,more often,sympathing sights....I felt improbable freedom.Everything disappeared around.There was no lie,rage and suspiciousness in the World of this guy!...
Normal people...We live in another World  which surprised and was absolutely not clear to 'abnormal' Tal.Healthy mentality...We,Normal people are living in the captivity of self-checking.To speak this and to do that,to construct the right face,to select  a heap of thoughts and ideas -what can be sounded and what -can't...The Normal people,crowding at feature,sometimes approach too close to it.They are pushed to feature by circumstance,vital situations,sometimes even by people similar to them.Not cross the Feature,to escape from it!
I wanted so much  to ask Tal about the reason of his illness.What was the reason?The Nature which has not wished to remove pink veil about his eyes  or some case which has compelled Tal to cross the Feature and never return  again to the awful World which has caused so much pain to his Soul? Most likely it was the second case.Tal's sight too much mismatched to his childish thinking...Unfortunately,I never learn of it as have not learned the reason of Tal's disappearance....
I come again to my favourite 'Pilgrim'...Sunrise,sunset...Tomorrow everything will return again...And I'll continue my Way...Inexpressible words,not expressed feelings,not sounded thoughts.....
© Copyright 2009 Jok.M. (anuky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1618082-The-Boundary